Wolf Tooth Components are considered one of the pioneering companies when it comes to 1x chainrings. They were the first to market with cyclocross 1x specific chainrings, seizing the opportunity to exhibit their Drop-Stop tooth technology on the rougher mixed-terrain found in cross racing. Countless hours of design, prototyping, and testing have gone into their patent-pending chainring technology, resulting in some of the best performing and longest lasting narrow/wide rings available.
Now available for asymmetric 4-Bolt 110 BCD Shimano cranksets, these beautifully machined 7075 T-6 aluminum rings are optimized for your 1x Shimano Gravel/CX/Road drivetrain. One of the most important design aspects of these rings, the Drop-Stop tooth profile, features wide teeth that are asymmetrically shaped. The right side of the tooth, which transmits drive forces, is made as wide as possible to maximize surface contact between the chain and ring, effectively minimizing tooth wear by spreading the load over a larger area. The left side of the tooth doesn’t transmit any load, it mainly helps guide the chain as it meshes with the ring. As wear is not a concern on this side, Wolf Tooth has designed the left side of the tooth to be narrower than the roller pin of the chain, effectively reducing friction while simultaneously creating a mud-shedding channel. Beyond the innovative tooth-profile, close attention was paid in designing these rings with the perfect amount of offset; designed to be mounted in the big ring position, the inward offset yields a perfect chainline (47.5mm). These rings are feature an anodized black finish with white logos and are designed and manufactured in the USA.
- Shimano 110 BCD Asymmetric 4-Bolt cranks (Dura Ace 9000, Ultegra 6800, 105 5800, Tiagra 4703, and Tiagra 4700)
- Sizes 38T and larger are compatible with Dura Ace 9100, Ultegra 8000 and 105 R7000, but a slight modification is required due to a change in the crank arm profile (manufacturers modification instructions can be found here); the 36T tooth chainring can’t be modified
- Confirmed modification fit with Dura Ace 9100 Pwer Meter cranks in size 42T or larger
- Mounts in the big ring position but is offset inward for a perfect chainline
- Stock 2x chainring bolts will not work with these rings, you will need single ring specific bolts
- Can be used for 1x9, 1x10, 1x11, and 1x12 drivetrains (Wolf Tooth recommends using a 10 speed chain on 9 speed set-ups)
|Crank Compatibility||Shimano Asymmetric 4-Bolt 110 BCD|
|Drivetrain Compatibility||Dura Ace 9000|