Light bikes don’t have to be boring, as aptly stated during the “light bike” project discussion. An anonymous individual set the tone, with “it would be exciting to do a design that isn’t in the Darth Vador, Deathstar aesthetic”. We were excited at the prospect of working with artist Geoff Mcfetridge to create a design outside what is often a stealthy conservative look.
For the “light-bike” Mcfetridge designed a variety of abstract iconic imagery exploring a narrative of the psychological turmoil encountered while pedaling along our favorite pastime.
A Ruegammer crafted frame was used as the base for the design, built with parts from A/X Lightness and Tune. The bike features several newly released components such as the A/X Lightness Helios Fork, Zeus Stem (65g), and wheels composed of Tune Hubs, Pillar Titanium Spokes, and A/X Lightness Rims.
Graphic Design by: Geoff McFetridge
Frame by: Rue Sports
2009 Light Bike Component List:
- Frame: Ruegammer Blackwerks
- Fork: A/X Lightness Helios
- Wheels:FairWheel Hand Built
- Cranks: EE Prototype
- Chain: KMC X10SL
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Di2
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Di2
- Brakes: AX-Lightness Orion Premium
- Cassette: Recon Aluminum (11-23)
- Skewers: Tune DC 16+17
- Handlebars: Ax Lightness Premium
- Grips: Global cycling custom embossed leather tape
- Shifters: Shimano Di2
- Saddle: AX-Lightness Phoenix premium
- Stem: AX-Lightness Zeus premium
- Water Bottle Cages: Ax Lightness Nasdorowje
- Seatpost: AX-Lightness Daedalus Premium
- Headset: integrated