Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Why I HATE mdeth1313.......

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Why I HATE mdeth1313.......

Postby pritchet74 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:55 pm

You know, I could have just sent this to you an a Private Message, but I figure that everyone on this forum needs to know what a jerk you are. The kind of jerk that shows me the finer things in life and therefore causes me to spend lots of money, because what was once "good enough" just isn't any more.

A few months ago he puts some new bibs up for sale on this forum. Very nice, high quality bibs - but bibs I would have never considered purchasing because they are so damn expensive. But this JERK has them for sell dirt cheap. I mean they were almost free they were so cheap. So just like the drug dealer that gives the first taste for free - I start talking to him about his "product". So here I am, considering purchasing my 1st pair of high-end bibs. I have never spent more than $60 on bibs before and I never understood the people who have. But here I am. Wanting them. Needing them. Right when I am about to pull the trigger, he messages me "sorry, I just sold them". Bastard......

But the obsession with "bibs so comfortable that my world will change" has begun and there is simply no turning back. And into research mode I go......

I decide that I want to get a set of the Castelli Aero Race bibs in the Cervelo Test Team colors. Since that team wasn't around any more, there were deals to be found. I bought a set of mediums, got 'em, put 'em on, and damn, so tight. Wore them anyways and my goodness - my world had changed. It was like seeing boobies for the first time, like being behind the wheel of a real sports car for the first time, or well, what it was like when I fell in love with the woman who became my wife. My world was changed and there was no going back. I had to order a set of large bibs, but those arrived a week later and the fit is perfect. The only problem now is that I have more than 10 other sets of bibs that I just can't wear anymore. So I cycle between my 2 sets of Cervelo bibs and save my pennies so that I can buy more sets of these amazing Castelli bibs with the magical chamois.

So mdeth1313, I hate you for making me spend money on something that isn't a bike part and for that Victoria hates you and this is from her. :finga:

But I thank you for "showing me the way". :banana:

And now you post something else for sale that tempts my wallet. So again you are a jerk, but I won't bite this time because, you see, I am saving for some new shorts....
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Re: Why I HATE mdeth1313.......

Postby mdeth1313 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:24 pm

"gonna make you my bitch!"

this is funny-- and yet, you still have not tried the desoto 400 mile bibs. ah, what you miss out on!

you should try to sell the used bibs- oh, there is a market-- one cannot know the level of hygiene (or extreme lack thereof in this case) other cyclist may have. I've sold so many freakin pairs of used bibs it's ridiculous. I remember way back, say 2004 or 2005, I put up 6 pairs of pearl izumi bibs I had accumulated between 1998 and 2001. I was hoping to get $80-$100 (maybe). Yet they sold for over $250. I almost made back what I paid for them because I used to pick them up on closeout from performance for $50 or less a piece.

I think I've got a buyer for those wheels and he's local, so it's all good- let's see what else I can temp you with!
Words are like bullets, I let them pass through me.
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Postby Soloist Assassin » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:33 am

Those Castelli bibs are the best. I dare not ride anything else. I do use my older pre-Castelli bibs for shorter trainer rides. Also, mdeth1313 is good people, but he does inspire one to be broke, and have lots of nice cycling products. I am not sure that is a bad thing though. You can't take the money with you, so eff it, might as well buy good bike stuff.
Soloist Assassin
Cat 2

Postby pritchet74 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:31 pm

Ya, he is really an awesome guy. I should have known that he was trouble when he sold me an amazing wheelset a few years ago at an amazing price. Then about a year later when I had to sell the wheelset to fund a different project he bought the wheels back at the price I had paid a year earlier. Top notch guy. That wheelset is one of the few items that I have ever sold (cycling related) that I wish that I would have kept. Tune hubs, Cirro rims, ti spokes. Ah, the memories. Those wheels really were like the perfect woman. Super light and sooooo comfortable. Not the sexiest, but the sexiest ones are usually a pain in the ass in one way or another. :impish:
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby mdeth1313 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:43 am

ahh, just be happy it's only been cycling-- if I got you started on the more expensive wines, you'd really be in trouble!

it's all good- sometimes I hate myself.
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Postby pritchet74 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:29 am

Ya, I have been fighting the expensive wines for quite a while. We try to keep those under $10 a bottle. Mostly we drink $2 bottles. We go thru at least a bottle a night between me andy wife, so it there is a lot of potential to spend a ton of money. Once my daughter is a teenage that will be at least 2 bottles a night an possible 3. She is quite a handful already...
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby mdeth1313 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:52 am

pritchet74 wrote:Ya, I have been fighting the expensive wines for quite a while. We try to keep those under $10 a bottle. Mostly we drink $2 bottles. We go thru at least a bottle a night between me andy wife, so it there is a lot of potential to spend a ton of money. Once my daughter is a teenage that will be at least 2 bottles a night an possible 3. She is quite a handful already...

yeah, my wife says my daughter is 8 going on 13, I keep saying make that 8 going on 17. All I know is from teaching high school the last 18 years- if they want to find trouble, they're going to. Nothing you do will stop it. You should read the October issue of National Geographic- the feature article is on how they've been mapping the teenage brain and how it functions (and the advances and discoveries that have been made over the years. Fascinating stuff, especially the author's conversation with his son after the kid was caught going over 100 mph in his car on a highway.
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Postby Ypsylon » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:33 am

pritchet74 wrote:The kind of jerk that shows me the finer things in life and therefore causes me to spend lots of money, because what was once "good enough" just isn't any more.

And after you've gone through this you sold me a pair of Stingers and a SRM headunit? :angryOnFire:
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Postby pritchet74 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:36 pm

Hey, you know I wanted to keep those Stingers - thy just wouldn't work with my Hooker brakes. :mrgreen:

And you also know that I always have to have the latest greatest model.....
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby mdeth1313 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:53 pm

pritchet74 wrote:Hey, you know I wanted to keep those Stingers - thy just wouldn't work with my Hookers

I hope those are high end hookers- mister "finer things in life"

awww- your stinger wouldn't work with your hooker? OR your hed wouldn't work w/ your hookers?
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Postby Soloist Assassin » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:38 am

I see what you did there.
Soloist Assassin
Cat 2

Postby pritchet74 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:27 am

Hed and Hookers is a good thing. My wife even calls it a sexy combo. :impish:
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby mdeth1313 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:59 pm

great, now the wife is involved.
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Postby pritchet74 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:55 pm

Just bought another new set of these bibs in large. That makes 2 of 'em now. Also, I have been able to get into the mediums too, so that gives me 3 of 'em that I can wear. Everything else is going to be put on the top shelf of the closet.
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby mdeth1313 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:41 pm

Hey Jeff, I just found JMT a smoking deal on some craft bibs- I think he spent a lot less money than you did! :mrgreen:
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Next

Return to General cycling