Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

TT Project

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Re: TT Project

Postby rlpaul » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:20 pm

I mean, I have a price-cap in mind for a used frame. My first road frame was used... bought from bman even :)

I can get the Slice new for less than a used Cervelo, hence my hesitation to get a Cervelo right now, when I don't know how much time I'm going to be spending on the bike.

Also, I missed a post in here somehow... time to change my contacts :bangHead:
rlpaul
Cat 2

Postby pritchet74 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:16 pm

But if the idea is to have the fastest setup for within your budget, why not get the faster frame. And it's not like you are talking about a Cervelo vs a Trek TTX where the aero is really close. The Cervelo is a LOT faster than the C'Dale. Who cares if it's new? Because as soon as you ride it it's used. :wink:
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby BMANX » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:24 pm

This is all the budget that I have for next season with most of the parts I already had. The only thing I needed to buy was the cable hanger on the front, brakes and of course Frame, Fork and Post. Not the most aero but if the body holds up in a couple of races next year, I will sell this frame, forks and post and buy something more aero.

BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT

Cervelo SLC 5890g/12.98lbs
BMANX
Cat 1

Postby Ypsylon » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:44 pm

A friend of mine just recently got his hands on a FK26 fork and a week later the S5 with the FK26UL came out. I think he wants that one now, so his might become available.

That would make both a Cervelo or a Cannondale much faster.

BTW, both bikes are about as different as it gets fit wise, do you have a way to sorta check out what you need? The Cervelos are much longer.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Postby pritchet74 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:43 pm

Dibs on that FK26!
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby rlpaul » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:56 am

I have my stack and reach numbers, so should be able to calculate it out from there.

The Cervelo is definitely much longer, and that is a major concern. A 51 is over 2 cm longer than the Cannondale. A 48 is still noticeably longer too.
rlpaul
Cat 2

Postby rlpaul » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:44 pm

Looks like the Slice is out - Ran the numbers, and its just too short in a 51, and too tall in a 54. Would be too difficult to get it to fit properly. The Cervelos on the otherhand, are just long enough in a 51, and just short enough in a 54. Stack height might be problematic on a 54 however, so will be looking for 51cm P2 or P3 frames.
rlpaul
Cat 2

Postby rlpaul » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:46 pm

Also, love the aero fibre-lyte chainring bman, looks sick on that bike.
rlpaul
Cat 2

Postby BMANX » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:07 pm

Both rings are full aero. I could drop a ton of weight off this build with lighter brakes, chainrings and a few other parts but aero is the name of the game.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT

Cervelo SLC 5890g/12.98lbs
BMANX
Cat 1

Postby rlpaul » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:15 am

So after some checking around, looks like I'll be getting a Felt B12 with the Bayonet fork. Should fit me in a 54, plus a lot more aero than the Slice I was originally looking at. Will most likely order tomorrow.

Apparently, there's a DA1 in my size in stock... but I can't justify the pricetag. It was briefly tempting though ;)
rlpaul
Cat 2

Postby pritchet74 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:56 pm

Those Felt bikes are pretty good. Definitely better than the Slice.
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby rlpaul » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:33 pm

New arrival:

rlpaul
Cat 2

Postby pritchet74 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:52 pm

Very very nice helmet. If it isn't too hot then put some clear packing tape over the holes though.
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby rlpaul » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:32 pm

The main TT series I'll be doing is at the Charlotte Motor Speedway - several of them will be 90+ degrees, and one or two always end up being in triple digit weather. And then there's the humidity.....

I may go for a visor, but doubt I'll be taping up the vents ;)
rlpaul
Cat 2

Postby rlpaul » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:14 am

So, "frame" arrived today...... except they sent a whole bike instead. Felt is closed until January, so will have to see what's up next week.

However, I did come home with something...

Say hello to the Bayonet 2 fork
rlpaul
Cat 2

PreviousNext

Return to General cycling