Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Campy Electric is finally a reality

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Campy Electric is finally a reality

Postby pritchet74 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:56 pm

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/c ... oups-32306

Wow. I am in love.

I might need to seriously find a way to make this happen. I have to find out if there will be a TT option or the ability to make custom TT buttons though.
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Re: Campy Electric is finally a reality

Postby morrisond » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:38 pm

Better article is on Bicycling.com of all places - the part I like is the part about it being programmable - Time for sequential shift and faster shift speeds just like the Fairwheel Di2 projects, but a lot simpler as it's just software.

The "Power Unit" is attached to a bracket that resides under the water bottle. It contains the battery and the "brains" of the system. The Battery/Power Unit may be located anywhere; it uses the same bolt spacing as the Di2 "short" mount. The EPS Power Unit is larger than the Di2 battery, though, which may make locating more difficult. Some frame companies are working on internal mount solutions for the Power Unit.

Because the Power Unit also contains the brains (Di2's brains are located in the front derailleur), any battery hacks would also require a brain hack, which might complicate matters. However, on the hack front, EPS does have updatable firmware, so not only can Campy improve, update or provide customized shifting profiles, enterprising programmers can have all sorts of fun.

Full Article http://www.bicycling.com/bikes-gear/new ... cktabs_3=2
morrisond
Cat 4

Postby pritchet74 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:48 pm

Thanks for that link. I will have to try my best to be patient on this one. I'd really like to make this jump. I love my current setup, but I have always been a Campy man at heart and this would be nice. There has to be a TT setup and also buttons for the bar tops. Those are a must.
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby morrisond » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:51 pm

If you look at the pictures and read the article, nothing official, but it's suggested aux shifters and TT shifters are coming.
morrisond
Cat 4

Postby pritchet74 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:24 pm

Then I just need to wait. Too bad you can't mod the battery and toss it in the seatpost though.
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby Juanmoretime » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:40 pm

Hopefully the wait is much shorter than the tt shifters for 11 speed that just came out in August of this year! :shock:
For my next trick I will set myself on fire!
Juanmoretime
Cat 1

Postby mdeth1313 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:03 pm

pritchet74 wrote:Then I just need to wait. Too bad you can't mod the battery and toss it in the seatpost though.

FOR THE RECORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU BUYING THIS!!!!!!!!!

hater!
Words are like bullets, I let them pass through me.
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Postby pritchet74 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:06 pm

mdeth1313 wrote:
pritchet74 wrote:Then I just need to wait. Too bad you can't mod the battery and toss it in the seatpost though.

FOR THE RECORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU BUYING THIS!!!!!!!!!

hater!

:impish:
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Return to General cycling