Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Veloflyte-BUYER BEWARE!!

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Veloflyte-BUYER BEWARE!!

Postby Gumgardner » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:50 pm

Recently I bought carbon bar end plugs from Veloflyte website. It was taking a long time to receive the product so i emailed them to see where it was. He (Doug Dixon) claimed he didn't know I bought the goods until I emailed him asking where they were. He blamed PayPal and said it happened 2-3 times before where paypal didnt tell him someone bought from his site. He offered no apology and said I should have PayPal apologize to me. When i told him about my purchase, he saw the transaction in his account and saw that I paid and said he would send them out ASAP. I made a comment that he should send two to make up for it and then wrote "just kidding ". Product still didn't show up and I emailed again asking where they were and the seller said he isn't sending the product and to dispute the transaction because it's obvious I'm trying to steal from him since i asked for a second set and "there is no joking in business". The only one stealing is him. He has my money and hasn't delivered his product to me. I would like reimbursed all of my money from him. I have copies of all of the emails that describe everything that I just described. He acknowledges being paid and not sending the product. He said wants me to have to go thru the hassle of getting my money back with paypal I cannot believe what a jerk this guy is being over a $37 set of carbon plugs. I would never do business with him again and I would advise other people to avoid doing business with him. Normally I would just buy the stuff thru fairwheels but they were out of the product. I hope they stop selling his product as well. I could see if it was confusion or a error in a transaction but he knowingly has my Money and is refusing to refund me or send me the product. At this point, I just want refunded. I have since ordered a different brand. Lighter too
Last edited by Gumgardner on Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gumgardner
Cat 2

Re: Veloflyte-BUYER BEWARE!!

Postby Ypsylon » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:10 pm

Seeing that the company you mention in the title sells bar end plugs and the e-mail is Douglas(at)veloflyte that ist the company you are talking about, not the one you wrote in your post, who don't make bar plugs, AFAIK. I took the liberty to edit that name out as I'm sure they shouldn't be conntected to behavaiour like you describe when they have nothing to do with your issue.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Postby Gumgardner » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:20 pm

Fixed it. Sorry and thanks.
Gumgardner
Cat 2

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:32 pm

How odd!

Couple of things I did notice about the website were that the parts are very inexpensive, but that might just be a US thing, also that he doesn't list a registered business address as far as I can see? I don't know about the US, but in the UK any websites selling items are supposed to show (somewhere) on their website the business address (by law). It always rings alarm bells with me if nothing is shown.
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby Gumgardner » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:08 pm

Anyways I got my money back. He never responded to the investigation so Paypal refunded me
Gumgardner
Cat 2

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:53 pm

Again, how odd. I can only think that he'd been having a really bad day as it seems that a few people on the 'other forum' have been ok with him. Still, I don't like his lack of contact details/business address....
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby mdeth1313 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:17 pm

I always find these things interesting-- not whether or not the veloflyte guy was being a dick, but rather going through the paypal process. I still don't trust paypal- as a result, if it's a transaction where I have any doubt, I use my credit card. Twice I've skipped the paypal process and gone right to the bank (issuer of the credit card). Things seem to happen a lot quicker than the paypal/ebay version of -- "wait 7 (business) days for the other party to respond"

Not to be abused, but when push comes to shove!
Words are like bullets, I let them pass through me.
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Postby Gumgardner » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:38 am

I use PayPal bc I sold my bike and had a ton of money to blow in my PayPal account :)
Gumgardner
Cat 2

Postby mdeth1313 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:31 am

Gumgardner wrote:I use PayPal bc I sold my bike and had a ton of money to blow in my PayPal account :)

ah, first thing I do is transfer it to my bank account! that way I can decide where the funds come from- of course I'm so bad I had my paypal account hacked into once and I was able to get to the bank and have them issue a stop payment before the transfer went thru! F- paypal!
Words are like bullets, I let them pass through me.
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:23 am

My view is from the other side of the coin. I don't trust or distrust paypal more than any other payment method, but from a work point of view it is a huge bonus. I would say that at least 90 percent of our web based transactions are now through paypal. I think the advantage is that it's so easy. No transferring c.c numbers, no awkward bank transfers. It's fast and efficient. From my own point of view, I still prefer credit card but as my paypal account is linked to my credit card I'm quite happy to use that too.
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Return to General cycling