Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Xentis 25 - Tune Schwarzbrenner wheels

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Xentis 25 - Tune Schwarzbrenner wheels

Postby Fourthbook » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:29 pm

Any current info on the quality/availability of the Xentis 25 clincher rim w/Tune hubs, AKA the Schwarzbrenner wheels?

As a <160 lb rider, I'm searching for a solid, sub 1200 gram climbing wheelset, whether aluminum or carbon, for clinchers with braking (nearly) as good as aluminum rims. Leading options include Stans 340, C4-B18, and Shimano/DA 7900-C24 (Shimano says the rims will soon be sold seperately for $375 ea and weigh ~400 grams). With Extralite hubs and CXrays, I think both come very close to 1200 grams. A set of Xentis 25 rims might be a better option from what I've read here/elsewhere. Tune lists the weight of the Schwarz's at 1278 grams with 70/180 hubs (http://www.tune.de/en/products/running-wheels/rennrad-laufraeder/item/122-schwarzbrenner-25). I'm waiting to hear from Tune on availability and hub/lacing options.

Does anyone know if/where the Xentis 25 rims alone can be purchased? The Xentis web site (http://www.xentis.at/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=69%3Asquad-25-clincher&catid=39%3Asquad-25&Itemid=98&lang=en) doesn't show that option.

And I don't see the Schwarz's listed on FWB. Any idea who carries them in the US?

Cheers...
Fourthbook
Cat 4

Re: Xentis 25 - Tune Schwarzbrenner wheels

Postby Fourthbook » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:14 pm

Xentis reports that the rims are not for sale separately; and Tune reports that it no longer uses Xentis rims since the company went brankrupt...
Fourthbook
Cat 4

Return to General cycling