Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Shiv Bottom Bracket

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Shiv Bottom Bracket

Postby keizen » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:29 am

I am about to start DI2'ing my 2011 Shiv. I need access into the bottom bracket area to create a junction point for the battery/derailleurs/control wire however the Shiv has a metal tube inside the bracket.

Is this likely to be structural ? Can I simply cut a section out of the tube to allow access ?

Bottom Bracket.jpg

Unfortunately the Shiv has cable tubes that run from the front of the top tube right through to the exit points near the derailleurs so I cannot simply use these to run the wires through as there is no point to create a junction.

Any thoughts/suggestions/experiences greatly appreciated. I have done a similar project with a Ceepo Viper so am comfortable with the wiring aspects.

Many thanks - Graeme
keizen
Cat 5

Re: Shiv Bottom Bracket

Postby Ypsylon » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:56 am

:think: before drilling I'd try and access the bb area through the seattube, but I don't really know the SHIV. Where are you going to put the battery?
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Re: Shiv Bottom Bracket

Postby keizen » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:00 am

Battery is going in the seat post (radio control car battery). Can access the area from the seat tube but was wanting to cut/tap into the cable tubes in order to create a junction for the battery/derailleur/control unit wires.

-Graeme-
keizen
Cat 5

Return to General cycling