Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Source for Shift/Brake Lever Clamp Band Bolts?

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Source for Shift/Brake Lever Clamp Band Bolts?

Postby prendrefeu » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:08 am

Hello - after a day or two of searching both here and on WW (and on the interwebs) I'm wondering if anyone can help out.

I'm interested in swapping out the bolt & nut from my shift levers (not the clamp itself, just the bolts) as they are steel... and well, heavy.

But I'm not really keen on picking up the BTP rendition of these clamps, as I figure the rough roads of Los Angeles may one day result in a quiet crack, and then suddenly when I return to the hoods again, things slip... :lol:

So, does anyone have any resources on where to pick up a set of Ti or Alloy bolt & nut to replace the steel bits?
Toronto Cycles does not appear to carry. Sadness.
prendrefeu
Cat 5

Re: Source for Shift/Brake Lever Clamp Band Bolts?

Postby Matteo » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:18 am

You could try Pro-Bolt USA ('T' Bolt and Brake Lever Mount Nut). I have not dealt with them, but they seem to come up when people ask about good quality bolts. The other option would be to try to find the Dura Ace 7900 titanium clamps, but they charge about $50 per clamp (new).
Matteo
Cat 3

Return to General cycling