Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

BB86 cranks, best light option

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

BB86 cranks, best light option

Postby Knut » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:53 pm

Gentlemen,

It's been a while... Hope everything is well in the FWB community?

Out of nescessity I'll have to replace my Zipp 300 cranks with something BB86 compatible, so what are my options for something in the same coolness and weight range?
Just get out and ride!
Knut
VIP

Re: BB86 cranks, best light option

Postby Oilman » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:12 pm

You don't have that many options. Of course Shimano HT2, FSA MegaExo, Sram GXP and Campagnolo UT cranks will work. These cranks are reliable (and the bearings), but not really cool and light.
With THM and also for example Lightning is the problem the bearings have to be very small. And small bearings don't last a long time.
Oilman
Cat 3

Re: BB86 cranks, best light option

Postby Ypsylon » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:11 pm

The THM Clavicula M3 must be among the coolest and lightest BB86 compatible cranks.

Then there are always the new Tune Smartfoots.

Not sure about the EE compatibility and availability.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Return to General cycling