Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Custom S-Works Crankset

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Custom S-Works Crankset

Postby Cam » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:56 am

So I picked up an S-Works crankset of E-Bay for not too much and in the process of some sanding etc to change it up. Progress so far:

Sanding Progress.JPG

If anyone has some good sanding tips it would be greatly appreciated. Also thought I would have the chainring spider anodized so if anyone has any thoughts or feedback on this that would also be awesome.

:angel:
Cam
Cyclotourist

Re: Custom S-Works Crankset

Postby timj » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:16 pm

If you go back a couple of pages there are some threads on sanding frames/parts with lots of good tips. good luck!

would like to see pics when it's done
timj
Cat 5

Postby j0m » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:22 pm

Use lots of water and change the paper often. Should be a real quick job. Good luck!
j0m
The Big Brain

Postby Soloist Assassin » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:33 pm

I did the same thing with my Lightning cranks. Just sand them down. Wet sanding of course. Then apply clear.

Soloist Assassin
Cat 2

Return to General cycling