Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Demise of the Vuma Quad

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Re: Demise of the Vuma Quad

Postby gregorythomas » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:49 am

a couple good points: they mustve been the stiffest things out there, felt like you were standing on giant steel i-beams; and they looked pretty cool, too.
gregorythomas
Cat 5

Postby mdeth1313 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:55 pm

Fibre-Lyte wrote:Good point :D

So were there any positive things about that crankset?

quads or chronos? I love my vumaquads!
Words are like bullets, I let them pass through me.
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:42 pm

Chronos. I really like the Quad myself. Other than the obscure bcd it is a really good looking crankset.

The Chronos on the other hand... :roll:
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby sjubbis » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:03 am

anyone have any thoughts on what a good price would be to pay for the vumaquad now? see there's a few out on ebay around $800---
sjubbis
Cat 4

Postby mdeth1313 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:27 am

sjubbis wrote:anyone have any thoughts on what a good price would be to pay for the vumaquad now? see there's a few out on ebay around $800---

I picked up 2 of them on ebay- mine were used- the 1st one I got for a little over $400 (shipped). The crankset had quite a few scuffs, but it's functionally perfect and the bb was in really good shape. The last one I paid closer to $470, but the crankset is/was immaculate, but the BB is not as in good shape (both bb's were ceramic). There was one in between I picked up, but I had the buyer take it back because it had some serious gouges and in one spot the carbon was seriously damaged. I don't know what the guy was thinking, you couldn't see it in the pictures, but he took it back (even though the auction said no returns- it was mis-represented).
Words are like bullets, I let them pass through me.
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Postby brownish » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:06 pm

Anyone know if the Vuma Quad and/or the Chrono Quad work with Di2?
brownish
Cyclotourist

Previous

Return to General cycling