Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

6 days...

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

6 days...

Postby mdeth1313 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:45 am

Hurricane Irene hit us on Sunday- not too bad- we lost power from 5:30am to 7:30pm. We were prepared and all in all it wasn't bad- EXCEPT- comcast is an utter failure. It took them more than 6 days, we just got our cable modem service back. I realize it could have been much worse, but they just suck. The phone worked thru the hurricane, directv worked just fine once we got power back- those folks in my area who use comcast for phone, tv and internet had nothing.

I was using the computers at the local library to keep up and we're in the process of switching over to verizon dsl- a bit slower, but more reliable (and cheaper).

We're also buying a generator-- our powerlines run down a street that's flanked by large trees on both sides, many of them on a hillside. We usually lose power at least a few times a year when a tree falls on the powerlines. Gotta love infrastructure in the US. That free market thing just doesn't seem to work the right way in some industries.
Words are like bullets, I let them pass through me.
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Re: 6 days...

Postby Johnny Rad » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:43 am

Same opinion here. When I've needed help, Comcast has been anything but helpful. Can't wait to switch when I move soon.
Johnny Rad
Cat 3

Re: 6 days...

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:32 am

Glad you came through relatively unscathed. We saw the pictures on the news and it seemed to be one heck of a storm.
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Return to General cycling