Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

RAAM in AZ

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

RAAM in AZ

Postby Ypsylon » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:18 pm

One of my favourite events and I'd almost have missed it this year, so I figured I'd give y'all a heads up that the solo guys are on their way and in AZ right now.

RAAM is not on my to do list, but every time I think about it I need a second or two before I realize that I'm not quite nuts enough to do it. At least that's true for the solo.

Maybe we should send a FWB team one day...
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Re: RAAM in AZ

Postby slisk » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:57 am

This one is for nuts, that's for sure. Plus you have to qualify. Perhaps a four man team for the Furnace Creek 508 is a possibility.
I buy everything that JMT lists on this site.
slisk
Grand Tourer

Re: RAAM in AZ

Postby Ypsylon » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:44 pm

508 miles = 817.546752 kilometers

35 000 feet = 10.66800 kilometers

Sounds like a good time.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Return to General cycling