Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Is it Possible to reprgram/rewire Di2 for the following?

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Is it Possible to reprgram/rewire Di2 for the following?

Postby morrisond » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:09 am

Is it possible to regrogram/rewire Di2 so that say the right lever front paddle shifts the front ring up(harder), rear paddle cassette down (harder) and the opposite on the other side or vice versa?
morrisond
Cat 4

Re: Is it Possible to reprgram/rewire Di2 for the following?

Postby pritchet74 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:29 am

So basically switch the left hand to the right hand? Or switch the buttons on each? Either way, yes. Just takes some re-wiring.
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby Ypsylon » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:29 am

I think he wants the right hand taller, left hand shorter gear, independent of FD / RD.

I guess either reprogramming or rewiring are possible, but if you have to ask, reprogramming is out of the question.

Rewireing will involve quite a bit of soldering, as the stock wires obviously run very different, but is, to me, a lot less complicated.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Postby morrisond » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:33 pm

I had a look at the docs, I had thought it went to a 4 wire before you got to the junction box, so I could simply cut the cable and switch wires, then hide the mess under the bar tape, so I was simply reassigning the buttons

I think that would be a lot harder after the box and the wires aren't so clearly assigned.
morrisond
Cat 4

Postby Oilman » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:41 pm

Don't cut the wires after the box. Just switch the wires before the junction box by cutting the wires and soldering it again.
Oilman
Cat 3

Postby YB1 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:09 am

I guess I have a similar question. I would like to reverse the buttons so that the smooth paddle raises the chain and th waffled button drops the chain. This would make the system more like the Campy that I'm used to rather than it's opposite. When I'm struggling, it seems my fingers tell my brain that big smooth convex paddles pick the chain up, whether we're talking right or left leve. Stems probably from over ten years of riding Record and that causes me to mistakenly shift Di2 the wrong way.
Last edited by YB1 on Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YB1
Cat 5

Postby ironman1 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:37 pm

You need a Di2 system checker, takes about 2 minutes. You can choose which paddle shifts up or down.
ironman1
Cat 5

Postby YB1 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:35 pm

Thanks. Local shop is getting one in the next week or two so I'm set.
YB1
Cat 5

Postby morrisond » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:31 pm

It looks like with Ultegra Di2 the paddles are fully assignable, so you can do whatever you want, paddle shifting would be possible with no wiring changes.

I would guess Shimano will do this to DA Di2 when it's updated.
morrisond
Cat 4

Return to General cycling