Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Chainring question?

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Chainring question?

Postby FAQinc » Wed May 18, 2011 3:24 pm

Hello smart people of this forum I have a question that hopefully a lot of you can bring different points of view to.

I'm on the market for a new set of chainrings for my compact SL-K crank my new choice for size is a 52/38 combo I am currently split between the replacement super road rings from FSA or maybe some fancy Aero Qrings from Rotor.

Weight is not a concern I just wanted something bigger that won't make a sacrifice in stiffness any other suggestions?

Praxis came on my radar but from just a general pictorial investigation I came to the conclusion that they look identical am I wrong?

Flatulence for men the musk that lingers.
FAQinc
Cat 2

Re: Chainring question?

Postby Gumgardner » Thu May 19, 2011 1:52 am

Praxis is a OEM so it's possible they produce these for FSA. They sure do look identical, don't they.
Gumgardner
Cat 2

Postby Ypsylon » Thu May 19, 2011 6:36 am

They sure look the same but I think they are not identical.

There's the little cut out in the FSA and also the step looks different, even though it's hard to tell. You'd have to look at the back of either to see if the shift ramps are the same. Not sure if it's the same material, either.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Postby FAQinc » Fri May 20, 2011 11:33 pm

After a quick discussion with the FSA Rep in the UK I was told that as FSA is part of TH Industries http://www.thindustries.com.tw/index.html everything is apparently created in house so FSA chainrings are made by FSA with a resemblance to the Praxis OEM offering.

On a side note I decided to go with the Rotor Aero Q rings in a 52/38
Flatulence for men the musk that lingers.
FAQinc
Cat 2

Return to General cycling