Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Re: The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Postby Ripley451 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:53 pm

Cloudy Bay - Pelorus '06
Dom Perignon '02
D'Yquem '97
Tinpot Hut - Sauvignon Blanc '10
Ripley451
Night Watchman

Postby dalai » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:43 am

mdeth1313 wrote:Exustar carbon/ti pedals- 175g on the scale. Can't wait to try them out.

Nice mdeth1313. Look forward to your review. Do these use the old Look Delta cleats?
dalai
Cat 1

Postby mdeth1313 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:14 am

dalai wrote:
mdeth1313 wrote:Exustar carbon/ti pedals- 175g on the scale. Can't wait to try them out.

Nice mdeth1313. Look forward to your review. Do these use the old Look Delta cleats?

nope- look keo compatible (but their cleats are much cheaper). adjustable tension and in my 2 minute ride on the driveway last night, I was quite pleased w/ the entry/exit and feel. Tomorrow I'll commute on them.
Words are like bullets, I let them pass through me.
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Postby 4kicks » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:06 pm

Ripley451 wrote:Cloudy Bay - Pelorus '06
Dom Perignon '02
D'Yquem '97
Tinpot Hut - Sauvignon Blanc '10

Nice, Would be more impressed had you bought a Chateau yquem ´17, however...
"only two things are infinite; the Universe, and Human Stupidity- and I´m not so sure about the former" Albert Einstein
4kicks
Cat 3

Postby dalai » Tue May 03, 2011 2:09 am

mdeth1313 wrote:
dalai wrote:adjustable tension and in my 2 minute ride on the driveway last night, I was quite pleased w/ the entry/exit and feel. Tomorrow I'll commute on them.

A little time has passed. Any updates?
dalai
Cat 1

Postby mdeth1313 » Tue May 03, 2011 9:27 am

I really like them- I had an issue, however. Not a total failure, but the right pedal had a piece of the plastic chip off- the pedal still functioned as I didn't notice until post ride inspection, but I'm getting an exchange. It's interesting because I clip in and out with my left foot when stopping at traffic lights, etc and this was the right foot, which I only unclip from when getting off the bike. I'm chalking it up to a fluke (depending on how the next set performs) because the other people I've spoken with who have used them for a year or more never had this issue. In the meantime I bought a cheaper (heavier) set of one of their lower models for my rain bike and they work fine as well (especially for $40).

Otherwise, they work as you'd expect any system to- after a few days of getting used to the clip in, clip out style, it's second nature. I do like them more than the iclics, however!
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Postby mdeth1313 » Thu May 05, 2011 11:47 pm

Not sure why, but the new pedals are fantastic- I had to increase the spring tension and no issues getting in or out. Now that I'm commuting 3 days a week (@ 30 mi roundtrip), I should be able to log some more miles and post a review.
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Postby larry_ck » Fri May 06, 2011 9:32 pm

I've been using the Exustar carbon/ti pedals for a few weeks - mine came in at 176 grams. I was attracted by the reasonable cost / weight when looking for an upgrade from my old Look Keo Carbon and I have to say I'm pleased with them. The miles will tell if they are as good as intial impressions, but so far I have not had any issues.
larry_ck
Cat 4

Postby mdeth1313 » Mon May 30, 2011 2:25 pm

Hed H3's, complete with conti comps, pump head (and an extra, unused conti comp tire). Not my favorite tire, but with 2 with only 250 miles on them and one unused, I'll take em. Got these out for a ride the other day and OMG, they are fast. When I first put them on my bike I thought they looked a little goofy, but after riding them, they're keepers. Besides, it gives me an exuse to start thinking about building a TT-bike. :roll:

Exustar pedals are in full use now, no issues since I got my replacments and I now own 3 sets- the 200ti and 2 cheaper models for my commuter bike and my computrainer bike.
Attachments
hed h3.jpg
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Postby pritchet74 » Mon May 30, 2011 3:59 pm

Awesome wheels! One of my favorite sets of all time!!!
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby Tillquist » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:35 pm

Just got another power meter from http://www.power2max.com -Nice traning tool :-)

Tillquist
Cat 1

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:48 pm

Nice! 8)

You could always do a review of the system once you're used to it and have got a few rides in. I'm sure there's a few forum members who will be very interested!
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby Tillquist » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:14 pm

Fibre-Lyte wrote:Nice! 8)

You could always do a review of the system once you're used to it and have got a few rides in. I'm sure there's a few forum members who will be very interested!

My English is not so good when I write. So it is not a long review, but I'll try.

See youtube of Fibre-Lyte chainring on Power2max/Rotor 3D crankset :-)

Tillquist
Cat 1

Postby Juanmoretime » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:52 am

Please keep in mind these are bigfoot size. They are a size 46 in Bont. They also fit very well out of the box. Very stiff shoe. I'll be doing my second ride today and will probably mould them once but it I couldn't I would still be satisfied with the fit. :wink:
For my next trick I will set myself on fire!
Juanmoretime
Cat 1

Postby pritchet74 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:50 pm

New Giro Aeon. I'll get a weight on it tomorrow. 1st ride was today and simply the best helmet I have ever worn. I can feel the lightness (i.e. my neck wasn't sore after the hard 2 hours I did) and the ventilation is just amazing.
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

PreviousNext

Return to General cycling