Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Alternative seatpost options for a Pinarello Dogma

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Alternative seatpost options for a Pinarello Dogma

Postby Snoop PP » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:34 am

Ok, this might be a quick ticket to a dead end topic, but has anyone heard of any alternative to the absolute DOG of a seatpost what Pinarello supply with the Dogma?

I used to run an AX Lightness Daedalus on my old Prince, which is now sitting at the bottom of my wardrobe, gathering dust.....
while it's unlikely any manufacturer will take onboard the expense and low production run of unique style aero posts, maybe someon is producing a shim system so that a conventianl post could be fitted?

It's a thought...... maybe from an engineering sense not a recommendation or even a possibility.......? :?:
If you're the first one to attack, you reserve the right to be the first one to get dropped.
- Andy Schleck
Snoop PP
Cat 5

Re: Alternative seatpost options for a Pinarello Dogma

Postby Oilman » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:11 pm

It is possible to make a shim, the problem is to make it really light. What's the weight of the original seatpost?

You can probably save quite some weight with tuning the original seatpost. The costs will be low. Change the bolts to titanium, use KCNC yokes, etc.
Oilman
Cat 3

Re: Alternative seatpost options for a Pinarello Dogma

Postby Snoop PP » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:53 am

Good call Oilman.
I'm in the process of sourcing ti bolts and yokes so that should make a HUGE difference - the seatpost hardware alone is scarily heavy.
I think i'll be happy enough going down that path and forget about trying to work out a system to shim a round post into the frame which, at the end of it all, might not actually look so good anyway?
If you're the first one to attack, you reserve the right to be the first one to get dropped.
- Andy Schleck
Snoop PP
Cat 5

Return to General cycling