Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

rzr or lw obermayer

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

rzr or lw obermayer

Postby assi kabir » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:38 pm

thinking buying ultimate wheels i want your opinion guys
assi kabir
Cat 5

Re: rzr or lw obermayer

Postby pritchet74 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:24 pm

RZR are crap wheels in my opinion and I would fight really hard to not let any friend of mine waste their money on those wheels. They are light, but there are so many better options that are really close in weight that are both more aero and stiffer. There just isn't any upside to them that I am aware of. Search the web for the Lew wheels since they are exactly the same wheel. I remember a photo of one of these wheels from a crash in a pro race a few years back where upon impact the wheel basically exploded. Tons of info out there and it all basically says that they are a horrible wheelset. Lightweights are really nice, as are the Mavic CCU's. You can't go wrong with a set of Enve rims built to a set of Tune (or other nice) hubs. If you care about aero then go with Hed or Zipp. The new Enve wheels designed by Simon Smart sound interesting, but there is no info out on them yet as they are not yet available.

It's all a matter of what you want though and what's important to you.
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby dunlinii » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:24 pm

I'm very biased, but I love these:

viewtopic.php?f=64&t=6689
Being a Pirate should be considered a Manly job because pirates get two types of booty.
dunlinii
Cat 1

Postby dadoflam » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:32 pm

Of the two you have selected - LW Obermayer - no question IMO - (as a clincher lover my personal preference is the LW clincher)
dadoflam
Cat 3

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:30 pm

Have the RZR's had any reviews yet? Knowing the issues that the VT-1's had, I'd be loath to jump straight in. Are either of these the ultimate wheels anyway? The ones dunlinii is riding are a nice piece of kit and if you want something very special, why not a pair of either Edge or AX rims mated to Tunes lightest hub offerings?
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby julight » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:38 pm

Please DO NOT compare LEW and REYNOLDS
I own a pair of RZR and had a pair of PRO VT1 last year.
RZR are much stiffer and there is nothing wrong with them
After a few hundred kilometers they are still like new
Reynolds made important modifications on them
The carbon is perfect, much cleaner finish than the PRO VT1, spokes are stronger, thicker, hubs have NO play
LW Ober are good, RZR are really much more sexy!
A friend of mine wants to sell his 2010 RZR, just PM and I'll give you his contact details.
julight
Cat 4

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:56 pm

I was quite interested in your opinion of the RZR's, right up until your last sentence, it really made the rest of the post sound like a sales pitch. In my own head it suddenly sounded like "the RZR is a really sexy wheel, well built, better than Lightweights and totall reliable...... do you want to buy my friends" :D

If they are that good, why does your friend want to sell his?
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby andy2 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:21 am

I like your style julight! Meet me at 4th and Flower St in South Central at around noon tomorrow. I have a business opportunity for you. Oh, and bring your 'friend'!
L'enfer, c'est les autres.
andy2
Cat 2

Postby pritchet74 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:22 pm

andy2 wrote:I like your style julight! Meet me at 4th and Flower St in South Central at around noon tomorrow. I have a business opportunity for you. Oh, and bring your 'friend'!

:impish:
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby julight » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:54 am

Easy guys!!!! :D
I really don't care about my friends RZR, he's in a team and has just received a bike. That's why he's selling his RZR.
I wrote my opinion on the RZR because I own a pair, I ride them and I've been able to compare them to other wheels.
julight
Cat 4

Return to General cycling