Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Seigler Arko

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Seigler Arko

Postby turtleshuffle » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:34 pm

I now can finnaly consider myself a weight weenie. With all the information that I've learned from this forum and Weight Weenies, I'm about finished with my first project a 2007 Seigler Arko. I got the frame last year used because I like the curves and wanted a all carbon frame, I also have a BMC SLX. The only information I know about Seigler is that he was a former pro cyclist and his company/shop out of Washington state was only open for 3 years, I've never seen another Seigler on the internet or in real life.

As far as the bike: Weights 6152g as pictured
Fork Stork Stiletto Race Lite /cut 331
Stem Syntance F99 w/Ti 120mm 110
Handlebar Schmolke Bar 42cm /cut 154
Grips/Bar Tape Tennis Racket Tape 5g each 10
Saddle Merek Carbon Saddle 110
Brakes KCNC CB1 163
Shifters/ Brake Lever Sram Rival 329
Front Derailleur Sram Rival 88
Rear Derailleur Sram Rival 187
Bottom Bracket 7900 Dura Ace 91
Crank Set 7800 Dura Ace 666
Pedals M2Racer OrbII 99
Cassettes TR 12-15 97
Skewers Ti 27
Wheels FRM SP-R21SD 1384
Inner Tubes Luna Lites (52g, 53g) 105
Tyres Veloflex Records (147g, 149g) 296
Cables Power Cordz “unopen package” (19g, 20g)
Bottle Cage(s) Mt Zoom 11g w/ nylon bolts 22

Also I just scored a pair of Reynolds KOM/Extralite/Sapim wheels that come in at 887g. Trying to figure out what tires I want to run on them, as they will only be used for hill climbs. Right now I am considering Tufos for their weight. Any suggestions??? My next planned upgrades with my tax refund money will be a Lighting Crankset w/ Fybre-Lyte rings and Extralite stem. With those upgrades I'm hoping to get the weight down to a sub-12 pounds.

Now for the eye candy

turtleshuffle
Cyclotourist

Re: Seigler Arko

Postby dunlinii » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:48 pm

Love the chainring :D

Welcombe to the forum
Being a Pirate should be considered a Manly job because pirates get two types of booty.
dunlinii
Cat 1

Re: Seigler Arko

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:09 pm

I don't think I've seen one of those before, but I really like it. Very futuristic looking 8-)

It might be nice to get a little bit of red/silver paint onto the forks to blend with the frame?
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Return to General cycling