Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Hey, everyone. I'm new, too.

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Hey, everyone. I'm new, too.

Postby LaChouffe » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:59 pm

I found the site while searching for some sort of fantasy cycling group. Although, I've already missed the first race, I look forward to it as it will be a new experience for me.
As for myself, I'm a casual rider who transferred from off-road to road cycling about two years ago. I have an '09 Cervelo S1 with basic componentry and a late-90s Trek something or other mountain bike. I tried racing a Cat. 5 race once, but found that racing was way more difficult than I thought. I guess it doesn't help trying to drag a 255 lb. frame up over hills. Now I'm in it just for the joy of riding and improving my velocity and overall endurance. Thanks for having me.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
LaChouffe
Cyclotourist

Re: Hey, everyone. I'm new, too.

Postby Ypsylon » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:37 pm

Welcome.

Are you somehow related to that villain from Casion Royal?

The 09 S1 is the red and white one, right? I like those, wouldn't mind seeing a pic or two.

Racing is definetly hard on the nervous system at the very begining. Once you get some experience and just relax it becomes a lot easier. It's a whole different "sport" than steady riding though and it's good to stick with what you enjoy.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Postby pritchet74 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:08 am

Man, you have a Cervelo so you are all right in my book.

:banana:
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:41 am

First thing I thought of when I saw your username was the Bond villain as well. :D

Welcome to the forum. So all we need now is a pic or two of the bikes :wink:
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby Boonen » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:07 pm

Hi LaChouffe, welcome to the forum, hope you'll enjoy our FCL :D
Boonen
Faster than Superman

Postby LaChouffe » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:44 pm

Here's my bike as I first got it. I've since gotten an upgrade to the wheels after I cracked the front in five places flatting on a downhill portion of a bridge. As for the username, it's actually a Belgian beer that I really like. It supposedly means "The Gnome" in french. However, being a bond villain would be much more interesting.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
LaChouffe
Cyclotourist

Postby dunlinii » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:30 pm

Welocombe, The bike is nice, I think everyone here rides because they love it first off, so its all good.
Being a Pirate should be considered a Manly job because pirates get two types of booty.
dunlinii
Cat 1

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:41 am

That's a smart looking bike, great to ride I'm sure.
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby threadless » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:00 pm

LaChouffe wrote: As for the username, it's actually a Belgian beer that I really like. It supposedly means "The Gnome" in french. However, being a bond villain would be much more interesting.

You have good taste in beer, La Chouffe is a favorite of mine as well. The bond villain is "la chiffre" meaning something like number or figure.
threadless
Cyclotourist

Return to General cycling