Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

GEOX is getting friggin' screwed

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

GEOX is getting friggin' screwed

Postby slisk » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:25 pm

I think it is crap that they have been snubbed for three big races today. I feel for Menchov, I'm sure he wishes for the days of Rabobank again.
I buy everything that JMT lists on this site.
slisk
Grand Tourer

Re: GEOX is getting friggin' screwed

Postby Ypsylon » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:15 pm

Great message to all the sponsors out there. Invest your money in a cycling team, we'll make sure nobody sees it on TV.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Postby pritchet74 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:14 am

I don't know if its a message or not, but for the wildcards they chose a couple small French teams. I ain't French, but in my opinion the TdF should have French teams as the wildcard teams.

I do feel bad for Sastre and Menchov though. They should have gone to teams that were ranked better to have a secured start at the big races. Just sayin'.

And who would have EVER thought that there would be 4 American registered teams in the Tour?!? Crazy.
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:40 am

Did anybody see what happened in the Tour down Under today? There was a news item on our tv that said Cavendish was unhappy as the police had opened roads to the public as soon as the main peloton had passed meaning he was ducking and weaving and being stopped by traffic?
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby slisk » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:26 am

pritchet74 wrote:I don't know if its a message or not, but for the wildcards they chose a couple small French teams. I ain't French, but in my opinion the TdF should have French teams as the wildcard teams. .

Sure a couple...but every last friggin' one? Really stupid move on Prudomme's part in my view. Saur - Sojasun has no business at this race if a team such as GEOX sits. I'd be willing to bet that this big money sponsor will not last two years if the snubs continue. They should have just settled for 4 French teams total and make sure they had every quality GC contender at the race. He should be bitch slapped for this decision.

...and those French teams will do nothing at the tour besides placing Voekler at the front in the day's break with maybe a few others.
slisk
Grand Tourer

Postby Boonen » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:39 am

How can they leave out the only Tour winner since '96 that hasn't been heavily involved in doping scandals together with a big contender like Menchov in favour for a team like Saur - Sojasun ... :?

Anyone know when they will announce the Giro teams, don't think I've seen anything about that yet?
Boonen
Faster than Superman

Postby dunlinii » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:49 pm

It does seem a bit crazy. For me, the tour with sastre winning was one of the best I have watched. An yeah, I swear half teh small french teams will just get in the way....
Being a Pirate should be considered a Manly job because pirates get two types of booty.
dunlinii
Cat 1

Postby slisk » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:39 pm

I really have no problems with Europcar, Cofidis, and FDJ in the race, they all have a rider or two that might actually get some TV time.
slisk
Grand Tourer

Postby FAQinc » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:35 pm

Well this is so not a discussion but more of a mutual agreement I think.

Aren't these wild cards supposed to make things more interesting but all we saw last year that some of the wild card teams were responsible for the crashes in the beginning.

I think some back door dealing is to blame as I think nationalism might not play such a big role.
Flatulence for men the musk that lingers.
FAQinc
Cat 2

Return to General cycling