Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Welcome to my world!

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Welcome to my world!

Postby mdeth1313 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:31 pm

Snow, snow, snow! 14-16 inches on my driveway, 20 on the deck (which had not been completely cleared from the previous storms). Had to use a ladder to clean off the directv dish on the roof so we could get tv reception.

It's still snowing!

I think I'm hitting the computrainer later!
Attachments
DSCF5531a.jpg
DSCF5528a.jpg
DSCF5532a.jpg
Words are like bullets, I let them pass through me.
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Re: Welcome to my world!

Postby j0m » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:26 pm

You're complaining over a bit of frost? :D
j0m
The Big Brain

Postby Boonen » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:39 pm

j0m wrote:You're complaining over a bit of frost? :D

I think he's disappointed that while it's winter there isn't coming any real snow? :wink:
Boonen
Faster than Superman

Postby dunlinii » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:13 pm

I think the table looks very good. Try riding fixed in it. I've always really wanted to do that, probably would end badly though :wink:

So it snowed a bit in the UK recently, and loads of people said they couldn't get to work, and they were forced to take a days holiday to make up for it. How does it work in other places?
Being a Pirate should be considered a Manly job because pirates get two types of booty.
dunlinii
Cat 1

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:41 pm

I'd be curious to know that as well. In the UK I'm sure they started closing the schools before the snow even arrived!!

I must admit, it stopped me riding my road bike, but I was out in -14 degrees C on my mountain bike..... in shorts! :roll:
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby mdeth1313 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:45 pm

My school district has 5 (technically 6) extra days built in in case of bad weather/emergencies. After that they take it out of spring break. If we don't use them all, we get them back in May. That has not happened in the 8 years I've been teaching at this district. We usually end up using all of them. So far we've used 2.
Words are like bullets, I let them pass through me.
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Postby dalai » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:16 am

mdeth1313 wrote:Snow, snow, snow! 14-16 inches on my driveway, 20 on the deck (which had not been completely cleared from the previous storms). Had to use a ladder to clean off the directv dish on the roof so we could get tv reception.

It's still snowing!

I think I'm hitting the computrainer later!

Looks pretty. But I'm still glad it never snows here... 8-)
dalai
Cat 1

Return to General cycling