Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Carbone sole

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Carbone sole

Postby concept64 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:15 pm

This sole carbon allows the maintenance support needed for optimum performance.
is the best way to have your need in a write axle
Part carbon is the most important (heel and arch of the foot), while for the front foot toes will be supported through a fine foam.
The result is a completely flat sole that will not provide any discomfort even if the toes are "scratching" the shoe during exercise.

THE VIDEO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Spry5nROGbo

Last edited by concept64 on Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
concept64
Cat 4

Re: Carbone sole

Postby Fuchs » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:39 pm

stop it to show so many nice parts now!
:D
Fuchs
Cat 2

Postby dunlinii » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:53 pm

thats pretty amazing.
Being a Pirate should be considered a Manly job because pirates get two types of booty.
dunlinii
Cat 1

Postby Jeffr » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:52 pm

Can you describe the process by which you made these?

I have a fairly unusual foot shape and I've been thinking about doing something like this. I suppose it's just a matter of making a mold you like eh?
Jeffr
The Man in Black

Postby concept64 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:03 am

the best way is to aske the professionnel
i'have done becose i the part of my job i was bootfiter
the easy way is to use the Trim to Fit (the brand SPUERFIT) is very good (the yelow one)

this machine is the best i have working whith few years
http://www.conform-able.com/fr/savoir-f ... 130-1.html

but to day i dont have and is the reason becose i use the plaster
well.... the steps is

1 put the plaster in the plastic box wet 15mn when the plaster stard to be hard (not liquid) put pour foot
2 live you knee in the netral position (see the photo)

3 when tis dry live take out the foot

4 Sand the plaster

5 put the gelcoat

5 put epoxy

6 sand the gelcoat and polish it

and after you have your master and you can mold your sole on

(i hope you understand my lovely anglish) :oops: :oops: :oops:
concept64
Cat 4

Postby Jeffr » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:13 am

It would be interesting to make a mold like this and then layer on a thin sheet of eva. So it would be the right shape but slightly padded. I wear thin socks. Do you find it uncomfortable?

Do you make a two piece mold or do you vacuum bag it? I assume from the master you used fiberglass to build the negative?
Jeffr
The Man in Black

Postby Jeffr » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:14 am

I see not all of the photos loaded before I commented. Thanks very much, I may try it.
Jeffr
The Man in Black

Postby concept64 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:48 am

Jeffr wrote:It would be interesting to make a mold like this and then layer on a thin sheet of eva. So it would be the right shape but slightly padded. I wear thin socks. Do you find it uncomfortable?

Do you make a two piece mold or do you vacuum bag it? I assume from the master you used fiberglass to build the negative?

yes i use the vacum bag and use the firegalass to make the positive sole

and is use the carbone for few reason
1) becose is very stiff and on the cycling shoes is not a lot free room, on this sole i made with 8 layers of 193gr carbone and on finish is 1,2mm
2) If the sole is done well (and that the shoe is good has the shape of your foot) about or the pressure of tightening you feel him(it) no point of compression and about or the strength applied to your pedal the knee stays always in the axis, The main part of her(it) held by the foot makes it on it is 3 points (heel plantaire vault is Advent feet)

For the Advent foot I make him(it) completely flat by what has the effort we tend scratched with toes and if we have particuliére shape his(her,its) can provokes frictions useless

and on the video you can see i put the epoxy before the carbone and after i put the carbone and use the vacum
The reason of this procedure is to have a smooth surface and allows to slide without Cree Indian of friction

If the sole is done well (and that the shoe is good has the shape of your foot) about or the pressure of tightening you feel him(it) no point of compression and about or the strength applied to your pedal the knee stays always in the axis
concept64
Cat 4

Postby concept64 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:53 am

Jeffr wrote:I see not all of the photos loaded before I commented. Thanks very much, I may try it.

thank you and i recommend you the patience on all in the procedure has to follow and to take time to reflect Advent to make
Advent to use your sole (if you ride a lot) show it a professional (OBJCTIV one ;-) and seriousness
concept64
Cat 4

Postby Jeffr » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:15 am

I just bought all of the supplies I needed for around $100. That's including buying too much of a few things.

I also got a few different types of fabric to try. I will line mine. I got some suede and some neoprene to try as it is somewhat padded.
Jeffr
The Man in Black

Postby dunlinii » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:44 pm

I like the idea of suede.
Being a Pirate should be considered a Manly job because pirates get two types of booty.
dunlinii
Cat 1

Postby Jeffr » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:39 pm

Well I made and shaped the first set of molds in plaster! It looks good. I'm going to try to keep a heel cup because the heel on my bonts doesn't fit super well.

Today I'm going to do some more shaping and then try to get the gelcoat in. I'm first waxing, then applying pva, and then gelcoat.
Jeffr
The Man in Black

Postby concept64 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:11 am

great :applause:
concept64
Cat 4

Postby Jeffr » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:16 am

I was less than elegant with my dispersal of gelcoat and ended up with a tremendously thick layer. It set to tacky in only 6 hours or so. So I went ahead and applied the fiberglass on top. Tomorrow afternoon I should be able to try to extract my plug and see if I have a thing or just an expensive mess.
Jeffr
The Man in Black

Postby Jeffr » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:54 am

Actually the plaster broke in places while curing so I removed it early and it looks fine!

http://people.freebsd.org/~jeff/bikes/feet.jpg
Jeffr
The Man in Black

Next

Return to General cycling