Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

So my wife forgot to file our tax return last year!

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

So my wife forgot to file our tax return last year!

Postby mdeth1313 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:34 am

Today the mail brings a letter from the IRS that says my wife never filed a tax return. Call the accountant, call the IRS, IRS says they have no record, we have all the forms-- I ask my wife if she asked the accountant if we filed electronically or not- she didn't ask but swears we did- I swear we didn't.

Now my wife hits panic mode as I tell her even if we didn't send it in, we're fine because we're in for a 2300 dollar refund. Do you think that calms her down? :bangHead: (women).

So, she goes on a wild goose chase, looking up old bank statements trying to find a deposit from the Fed-- none. I walk away.

Finally, finally, finally the accountant calls back for something and I force my wife to ask her about the electronic filing-- accountant says no, you needed to mail it in. :wink:

So, the state and federal returns go out tomorrow-- we're getting a little over $2500 between the two.

What a butt!

Nothing like having to sit through an episode of "female freakout" over nothing. Once their in panic mode, nothing you say helps- just walk away!
Words are like bullets, I let them pass through me.
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Re: So my wife forgot to file our tax return last year!

Postby pritchet74 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:04 am

Nice! If only she would have done it on time you would have had more $$$ because you wouldn't have been hit with the late fees & such. Still though - an extra $2500 is hella sweet. You should get some new wheels for yer bike with it.

:banana:
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby Fuchs » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:57 am

mdeth1313 wrote:...nothing you say helps- just walk away!....

:grin: you are absolutly right with that!
Fuchs
Cat 2

Postby mdeth1313 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:21 pm

NO LATE FEES! :applause: There are only fees if you owe money. We do not!

:xDisco:
Words are like bullets, I let them pass through me.
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Postby Ypsylon » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:33 pm

mdeth1313 wrote:NO LATE FEES! :applause: There are only fees if you owe money.

I have to say that is surprisingly nice.

I'd have thougth it would be a ridiculus late fee if you get money and a super ridiculus late fee if you owe 'em.

And a middle ridiculus late fee if you would have recieved money, but minus the ridiculus late fee you owe them, which transforms the ridiculus into middle ridiculus.

I need to found my own country.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Postby FAQinc » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:19 pm

mdeth1313 wrote: Once their in panic mode, nothing you say helps- just walk away!

I would add look concerned as you're walking away slowly otherwise you would be targeted as not helping!
Flatulence for men the musk that lingers.
FAQinc
Cat 2

Postby stumpytrunks » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:28 am

I work for the Australian equivalent of the IRS and it's amazing how people respond half the time when you say where you are calling from, even if it's something positive that you are calling about!
Pain hurts
stumpytrunks
The Tassie Devil

Postby bdaghisallo2 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:09 pm

Well when you consider the complexities of the tax code, and the power the national revenue services have, combined with their lack of accountability for their own advice (IRS here) it's really no surprise.
bdaghisallo2
Cat 4

Return to General cycling