Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Cervélo aero post tuning

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Re: Cervélo aero post tuning

Postby Soloist Assassin » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:09 pm

Just checking in. I have several hundred KM on the bike with the cradle. No issues at all. I even had a decisive victory in a duathalon with it. Thanks again.
Soloist Assassin
Cat 2

Postby scooter916 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:35 pm

sorry to highjack your thread, but do you make one that can work with a Tune post?
scooter916
Cat 4

Postby ... » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:19 pm

Soloist Assassin wrote:Just checking in. I have several hundred KM on the bike with the cradle. No issues at all. I even had a decisive victory in a duathalon with it. Thanks again.

Congratulations & thanks for the updates :thumbUp:

scooter916 wrote:sorry to highjack your thread, but do you make one that can work with a Tune post?

Of course it would be possible, I would need just the diameter of the original cradle. If you are interested just contact me.

I already made one with 30mm diameter (I think that it was for a Schmolke seat-post) and the weight was just under 10g (for a 70kg rider)
H a n d m a d e I n S l o v e n i a
Cat 1

Postby Soloist Assassin » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:11 am

So does anyone know if the newer Cervelo posts are lighter than the older ones? The sum of my parts weigh less than BMANX's but my complete post weighs more. I am thinking since mine is the older 08 style it may be heavier.
Soloist Assassin
Cat 2

Postby Soloist Assassin » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:39 am

Okay after further inspection. BMANX cut his post shorter. So that explains the weight difference, and it is the same style as my older style post.

RJK8's post looks substantially different than my older style post. It appears to be all carbon, and not an aluminum base at the top, like the older ones. I wonder if the newer ones are lighter. One would assume so.

RJK8

Older style like Pritchet, BMANX, and myself have
Soloist Assassin
Cat 2

Postby pritchet74 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:25 am

I would love the newer style, but I can't justify the cost.

My cradle is working out fantastically as well. I have hit a few more potholes so hard it should have blown out my tire, but the tires and cradle have been just fine.

Rock on.

:banana:
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby ... » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:08 pm

Great! :xBanana5: :grin:
Cat 1

Postby pritchet74 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:29 pm

OK, I need a new one. I bent mine last night. I put on a new saddle with carbon rails and the rail spacing was about 1mm too wide. Ininstalled it with the regular Cervelo cradle and was able to squeeze the rails and tighten everything down, but with the carbon cradle I wasn't paying attention and didn't squeeze properly. The top cradle pushed the rail too far down and bent the carbon cradle as I was tightening it.

Damnit....
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby ... » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:41 pm

pritchet74 wrote:OK, I need a new one. I bent mine last night. I put on a new saddle with carbon rails and the rail spacing was about 1mm too wide. Ininstalled it with the regular Cervelo cradle and was able to squeeze the rails and tighten everything down, but with the carbon cradle I wasn't paying attention and didn't squeeze properly. The top cradle pushed the rail too far down and bent the carbon cradle as I was tightening it.

Damnit....

:o Could you post a photo? I'm sorry to hear that.

If I remember right, you have the first type of this product (one of the first two cradles I made)?

Is the saddle OK?
Cat 1

Postby BMANX » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:24 pm

I have the other one and did not have any problems getting my Fizik carbon rails to fit.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT

Cervelo SLC 5890g/12.98lbs
BMANX
Cat 1

Postby pritchet74 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:02 pm

Ya, I have had 5 different saddles and all have been fine. The problem was caused by the saddle. Saddle is perfectly fine though. I will get a photo up later when I have my camera.

Ya, it was one of the first 2 you built.
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby ... » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:59 pm

If you would like to have a new one, I have 2 more in stock (just contact me if you're interested).

Are the rest of the cradles ok? Please let me know, thanks!
Cat 1

Postby Soloist Assassin » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:07 pm

Mine is good. Just mounted a new saddle to it the other day as well.
Soloist Assassin
Cat 2

Postby ... » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:14 pm

Ok! Probably pirtchet74 is just too strong :grin: (you should soon get the new one!). Thanks for the update!
Cat 1

Postby ... » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:08 pm

pritchet74 wrote:OK, I need a new one. I bent mine last night. I put on a new saddle with carbon rails and the rail spacing was about 1mm too wide. Ininstalled it with the regular Cervelo cradle and was able to squeeze the rails and tighten everything down, but with the carbon cradle I wasn't paying attention and didn't squeeze properly. The top cradle pushed the rail too far down and bent the carbon cradle as I was tightening it.

Damnit....

Hi!
One cradle is probably lost somewhere in USA (I send you one before the new year..but it just didn't arrived :?..). If you want I can send you a new one! I still have one...

Otherwise how are the other cradles going? Thanks!

And about my projects, unfortunately I just don't find enough time for any new project, I'm waiting for the summer, just can't wait that I'll have some more time for some new carbon projects...I'm still "working" on the PROTO-TYPE 3 frame, hopefully I'll manage to make it in this summer..otherwise I race quite a lot, also with some of the protour/proteam teams like Liquigas, Lampre, Ag2r, Cofidis, FDJ, BMC, Astana, Saxo Bank,...just one photo from our team, before the start of the Giro del Friuli (I'm the third one from right): http://tinypic.com/r/eg5swj/7 and some more photos: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... 10&t=83419
Cat 1

PreviousNext

Return to General cycling