Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Ax-lightness, be careful when buying, bad customer service

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Ax-lightness, be careful when buying, bad customer service

Postby mechanism » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:48 pm

I bought a new set of quick release mtb wheels and emailed Ax-lightness to ask if it would be poss to swap the new qr rear for a road one, Nils replied and said yes that would be fine but not cost affective for me as I would have to pay shipping both ways. I said that was fine and sent them back my qr at my own costs. This was nearly 2months ago and it seemed they were just sitting on them as it had arrived quickly because I sent the QR recorded delivery.

I asked them last week what the hold up was and was told it would be sorted. To cut a long story short they sent me back the same QR I sent them saying they won't swap it, frustrating but I guess they don't understand English very well when they emailed me saying it would be ok to send it in to swap as long as I had the receipt. So I've been messed about by them changing their story but the fact it's come back damaged with a chip on the lever that is what I'm really upset about!

When I complained about the damage I didn't get a reply until 5 days later today (after a further email from myself) with this reply by Nils;

"I had already been replying last week, my excuses if the mail did not come through with you. I had already been forwarding your case to the people in charge as this is not in my authority. Only our Return and Quality Assurance departments are in charge of the processing and handling of returns. My hands are tied there. We are also typically not offering the QRs separately (front / rear) but could send you a rear road QR for 50% cost of the set minus 10% of a discount.
My best regards over from Germany, Nils "

Ax-lightness have no customer service team in place, this has been an awful experience with them and they are very unwilling to help. Hope I've explained this clearly. Can you believe their solution is for me to buy a road qr rear from them with a 10% discount. I'm down money sending back the QR and now I have a QR that is damaged and they won't look after their customer! :applause:
Last edited by mechanism on Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mechanism
Cat 5

Re: Ax-lightness, be careful when buying, customer service s

Postby Boonen » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:47 pm

Sounds pretty good, you got your part back, you got replies to emails and it only took a few months. Seems like they are really improving their service :wink:
Boonen
Faster than Superman

Postby andy2 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:35 pm

Wow, MEAN wow!
These guys flaming Ax threads in multiple forums produce some pretty compelling stuff - we've had a guy with microscopic bubbles in the resin and now - drumroll - this guy has been out of his rear qr for weeks!!!!
Jeeezzz..zzzzzz
L'enfer, c'est les autres.
andy2
Cat 2

Postby Ypsylon » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:35 pm

While I agree that it's not the end of the world, and while it might appear our of proportion, something here didn't work out all that well.

I have to say the story appears a little strang I don't entirely get it, either. Did you buy a pair of skewers, or a pair of wheels that came with them, or what?

Since you say you "sent them back [your] qr", and "they won't look after their customer", did you purchase them/it from AX?

While I have to say that if AX said they would swap the QR, they should, but posting a private e-mail on the web is not something I'd necessairly do.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Postby FAQinc » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:59 pm

@andy2 I think the guys at AX had too much champagne and spilled it on top of the stem and on the next morning were too hung over :D

@mechanism was the QR damaged or had it's weight reduced by removing material?

Don't mind me I think the Holidays bring out the extra sarcastic in me.
Flatulence for men the musk that lingers.
FAQinc
Cat 2

Re: Ax-lightness, be careful when buying, bad customer servi

Postby mechanism » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:10 pm

I bought a wheelset and qr's. The issue here is the rear QR came back with a chip in the lever and Ax-lightness came up with a solution of me buying another one at a 10% discount (I actually laugh at this)! The QR was new so looks like they may have dropped it as the damage was not there before. Of course people who own Ax products will still ignore bad service just to justify they're expensive overpriced components but Ax seem to be 10 years behind the times when it comes to situations where they can act to please both parties but instead just act in they're own interests.
mechanism
Cat 5

Re: Ax-lightness, be careful when buying, bad customer servi

Postby Gumgardner » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:44 pm

lol trolling at its best!
Gumgardner
Cat 2

Return to General cycling