Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

DTSwiss XC100 fork

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

DTSwiss XC100 fork

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:30 pm

Does anyone know anything about these forks? I have a friend interested as they are the same price as the Fox F100 forks in our lbs but they come with the word 'carbon' attached which is always a seller :D I've looked for reviews online but all I can find is reviews of older DTSwiss forks that says they are a bit flexy compared to the Fox forks?
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Re: DTSwiss XC100 fork

Postby FAQinc » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:39 am

Tell him to get a lefty and a headset adaptor, but if we trust marketing logic if they did improve on the flexy factor from models past DT Swiss would be shouting it from the rooftops by now :)
Flatulence for men the musk that lingers.
FAQinc
Cat 2

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:04 am

You have a point there, with the DTSwiss forks at least. He's never been a fan of the leftys. I like them but I still think they look really wrong as if they shouldn't work!
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby PHIL335 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:43 pm

Fibre-Lyte wrote:You have a point there, with the DTSwiss forks at least. He's never been a fan of the leftys. I like them but I still think they look really wrong as if they shouldn't work!

I love my Carbon Lefty on my 29er. They are light, stiff and are better than any other fork I have ridden. I have tried the Fox and Reba.
PHIL335
Cat 5

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:09 am

What is your lefty? Was it an easy swap from the Fox fork?
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby Ypsylon » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:17 am

That'll mainly depend on the length of the headtube.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:23 am

I take it they're fairly specific then?
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby Ypsylon » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:14 am

AFAIK, they are all the same length, across all sizes, if your's is shorter, you can work it out, if your HT is longer, it'll be tricky.

That's just what I picked up following other peoples builds, I've never really looked into it myself.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Postby Boonen » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:44 am

If you get the carbon lefty the lower mount can slide up and down the fork tube so you can easily adapt it to your frame. On the alloy models it's in deed a bit more tricky and you might get your stem higher then you'd like if you have a smaller headtube then the distance between the mounts on the fork. Not sure if that makes sense?

Been a while since I played around with these but I always thought they are really nice. I don't know the DT's forks.
Boonen
Faster than Superman

Return to General cycling