Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Warm weeather rain jacket

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Warm weeather rain jacket

Postby Jeffr » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:19 pm

Hello folks. I'm hoping to hear about your favorite light weight warm weather rain jacket. I never see temperatures below 60f but I do sometimes see very heavy rain showers. I would like something that folds up nicely and probably has armpit zippers to relieve some heat. It'd also be nice if it had taped/sealed zippers and features like that. Any recommendations? There are too many brands and models out there and my local stores don't carry anything for me to try really.
Jeffr
The Man in Black

Re: Warm weeather rain jacket

Postby FAQinc » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:46 pm

I would say gore do alot of models that might suit your needs the gore phantom jacket is clasified as a windstopper but still has gore tex embeded so it's not water proof(no taped up seems) but it's drizzle proof, otherwise the endura stealth model has fully taped seems but past models had issues with quality(I've known people that've used them for ages, and people that had to return them after a week) so retain your receipt.
Flatulence for men the musk that lingers.
FAQinc
Cat 2

Postby stumpytrunks » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:59 am

Withe temperatures like that I'd be just getting a gillet I think!
Pain hurts
stumpytrunks
The Tassie Devil

Postby Ypsylon » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:58 am

My club gave me a very basic see through jacket. It's more water repelling than water proof, but it folds very, very small, is light, dries really quickly and has decent "breathabililty" (is that a word?) so you don't get soaked in your own sweat. I doubt it let's more rain go through the fabric than you'd have running down your neck anyways if it's raining really hard.

You might want to ask Jason about the Tune Federkleid. That looks to be about the same, just nicer.

http://tune.de/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=85&Itemid=177&lang=de
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Postby Jeffr » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:42 am

I have something like that but it doesn't work very well in the rain here. I think it's a pearl izumi. All white, some kind of nylon. Made as a wind breaker. Unfortunately tropical rain can be quite heavy at times so I need to take it up a notch.
Jeffr
The Man in Black

Postby stumpytrunks » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:53 am

http://www.rapha.cc/rain-jacket/ looks pretty good. Not sure on breathability though!
Pain hurts
stumpytrunks
The Tassie Devil

Postby Boonen » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:54 am

I have one of those plastic see through things, it's definitely rain proof. They are hot to wear during the summer though so I have one with cut off arms which seems to work well when it's warm but raining a lot. It has a velcro 'zipper' which makes it easy to take on and off while riding and it folds into half a water bottle.
Boonen
Faster than Superman

Return to General cycling