Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

mavic yellow shoes

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Re: mavic yellow shoes

Postby Mike K. » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:26 pm

Mdeth thanks for the words of caution. I tried on a pair of A-1's at Paragon Sports in N.Y.C. They certainly felt radically different from my current in use shoes: Top of the line Specialized, Nike Poggio. Bont's have the and most rigid and flat sole I have encountered so far. Can't say what that would feel like after a 4hr ride.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Mike K.
Cat 1

Postby dunlinii » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:17 pm

I've had the a-1s for about a year now. Getting them right for me in the oven took ages, and for the first few rides they were uncomforable, but when you get it right, they are like nothing else in my opinion.
Being a Pirate should be considered a Manly job because pirates get two types of booty.
dunlinii
Cat 1

Postby mdeth1313 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:20 am

dunlinii wrote:I've had the a-1s for about a year now. Getting them right for me in the oven took ages, and for the first few rides they were uncomforable, but when you get it right, they are like nothing else in my opinion.

I agree- it's been almost a year and I cannot get them right-- now that I have other shoes I might try some more "aggressive" approaches and really work those biatches over! :boxing:

if only! I did make another discovery which may aide in my fit crusade, but that's for another topic.

FWIW, the white mavics showed up today-- I like them.
Words are like bullets, I let them pass through me.
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Postby stumpytrunks » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:41 am

Mine took a little while to bed in too. I found that I needed someone else to hold the shoes in place while they cooled from the oven. It's just too hard to get the pressure you need by yourself while staying in a neutral position.
Pain hurts
stumpytrunks
The Tassie Devil

Postby Mike K. » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:48 am

Gentlemen, thx for the Bont feedback. I'm not up for a teething process with these shoes, so they're off my wish list.
Mike K.
Cat 1

Postby stumpytrunks » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:26 pm

My plan is to get some vaypors when my next pay goes in. 8 week wait time for me as I need different sizes. Will let you know how they go. The pair I have at the moment were essentially prototypes. One of the first production pairs (2nd white pair after Chris Hoy apparently!)
Pain hurts
stumpytrunks
The Tassie Devil

Postby Mike K. » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:18 pm

Re: Chris Hoy-very cool! Vapor's are back on my 2011 shopping list with a question mark- look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Mike K.
Cat 1

Postby Ypsylon » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:45 pm

For what it's worth, I have a pair of Adidas shoes that are supposedly basically the same as Mavic, which are awesome for my feet, some PI Ocatanes which fit pretty good and a pair of Bont CTT-1s which fit perfectly without heatmolding.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Postby mdeth1313 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:46 am

Ypsylon wrote:For what it's worth, I have a pair of Adidas shoes that are supposedly basically the same as Mavic, which are awesome for my feet, some PI Ocatanes which fit pretty good and a pair of Bont CTT-1s which fit perfectly without heatmolding.

Sounds like quite the collection-- Thou shalt be dubbed "Imelda Marcos of Cycling" :wink:
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Postby mdeth1313 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:45 am

Well, I decided to try out the (white) mavic huez shoes today-- I did 70 miles, which I think is the longest ride I've done in November, headwind out and back (stupid encroaching weather front) and I really, really, really liked the shoes. Stiff, but very comfy.

Now that I figured out my leg problem (q-factor), I'm starting to rethink the bont shoes-- maybe they will work- which of course leaves me with

1 pair mavic huez
1 pair shimano 310
1 pair bont a-1
1 pair northwave farenheit (winter shoes)

That's too many pairs of freakin shoes- maybe I should get some high heels and lipstick (already have plenty of spandex) :banana:
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Postby dunlinii » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:58 pm

Yah getting a bit woman like there mdeth :P

Which are you preferring at the moment?
Being a Pirate should be considered a Manly job because pirates get two types of booty.
dunlinii
Cat 1

Postby mdeth1313 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:08 am

dunlinii wrote:Yah getting a bit woman like there mdeth :P

Which are you preferring at the moment?

My wife- her name is Fred :xBanana5:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! ( made myself laugh )
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Postby dunlinii » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:12 am

Nice. Touche.
dunlinii
Cat 1

Previous

Return to General cycling