Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

intro and new bike, added outdoor pics of the Dogma :0)

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

intro and new bike, added outdoor pics of the Dogma :0)

Postby renatoda » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:14 am

Hello hello, first time posting...my name is Renato and this is my new commuter! First bike I ever put together, did all but the crankset and chain. Long story, bare with me...I bought an used Pinarello Dogma to use as a commuter and arrived with a cracked frame, wile going through a terrible experience dealing with the seller I found this frame new online and I purchased it, hid from the wife for about two months wile figuring out what I wanted to do. Felt in love with the frame and decided to put it together from the ground up with new parts and shake the whole bad experience off. Last week I rode it for the first time and it has about 200 miles on it now. Let me know what you think!!!
Attachments
e.jpg
f.jpg
g.jpg
j.jpg
l.jpg
n.jpg
o.jpg
p.jpg
c.jpg
d.jpg
Last edited by renatoda on Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
renatoda
Cyclotourist

Re: intro and new bike :0)

Postby Ypsylon » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:48 am

Welcome!

That looks like one nice comuter. It's hard to make out the different parts on the indoor pics, but the bike is definetly very nice to look at. The Easton wheels work surprisingly wheel, optically.

Are those the new Deda bars? How do you like them?
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Postby dunlinii » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:03 pm

Is that a print on the bars, or is it bar tape? I can't quite see, but I like it. I think some outside pics would be nice, but it looks really classy. Love the campy build as well.
Being a Pirate should be considered a Manly job because pirates get two types of booty.
dunlinii
Cat 1

Postby renatoda » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:05 am

Yep, I'll get better pictures this weekend if the sun comes out in LA. The bars are the Deda Phazer, I like them but I've only been on a few rides with the bike and I'm still getting used to some of the angles on the bars. The zebra pattern is actually printed on top of the naked carbon. The biggest challenge was finding info on how to tape it, I eventually gave up on trying to find a tutorial online and got an email from Deda support that loosely described the process (they don't even have a picture of the bars with tape on their site). The end part of the drops come with a "tightly fitted" cork sleeve thingy that you need to assemble, lots of sweat and tears wile pushing the dam thing into place...but its the most comfortable spot on the bars :)
renatoda
Cyclotourist

Postby Johnny Rad » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:00 am

With that size frame and Selle San Marco saddle, you better not turn your back to it if I come 'round ... it might come home with me. Kidding aside, it looks great.
Johnny Rad
Cat 3

Postby pritchet74 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:34 pm

Nice ride - and I LOVE that you hid it from your wife for 2 moinths. You will fit in nicely here.

:banana:
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby coloclimber » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:06 pm

I love those fassa Dogma's. Enjoy.
-Enjoy the Ride
coloclimber
Cat 2

Postby j_imaizumi » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:37 am

God that blue has so much depth to it that its just stunning. Nice bike and be sure to use it for other than just commuting...You'll winding up falling deeper in love w/ it.
j_imaizumi
Cat 2

Postby mdeth1313 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:45 am

pritchet74 wrote:Nice ride - and I LOVE that you hid it from your wife for 2 moinths. You will fit in nicely here.

:banana:

AMEN! :angel: :angelMrGreen:
Words are like bullets, I let them pass through me.
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Re: intro and new bike, added outdoor pics of the Dogma :0)

Postby renatoda » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:51 am

Finally got around to take better pictures (sorry it took so long), rode the bike this past Saturday on a 115 mile ride and had a great time. Got up to 46+ MPH and felt really good...next time I'll try to push a little further...wish me luck!
renatoda
Cyclotourist

Re: intro and new bike, added outdoor pics of the Dogma :0)

Postby Mike K. » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:33 pm

Nice bike, and are you still married? :)
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Mike K.
Cat 1

Return to General cycling