Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Brent RUEGAMER - French Frames March 2009

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Re: Brent RUEGAMER - French Frames March 2009

Postby jsmst32 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:45 pm

If it's anything like what she delivered to me, you'll be very happy. Good luck and happy riding!!!
jsmst32
Cat 2

Postby Lars » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:15 am

Sounds great. We have seen a picture which looked promising. I'd also just like to say that my earlier statements were not meant to be insulting whatsoever. Very sorry if it appeared that way. Just did the Levi Leipheimer Gran Fondo with some Calif friends today! Faboulously well organised! What a landscape! And such looooooong and steeeeeep climbs!!!!!!
Lars
Cat 4

Postby Mike K. » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:49 pm

Lars, do you have any photos you can post from the ride?
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Mike K.
Cat 1

Postby Berzin » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:25 pm

So is Ruegamer officially out of business?
"Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies."-Freidrich Nietzsche
Berzin
Cat 3

Postby Lars » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:50 pm

Got home and is now back in European time zone. Have started to get legal advice from contact in San Diego who is helping me to select lawyer. We saw a picture of a frame, told her to send it to Calfee which she didn't want to - which was good as we meanwhile found a guy here at home who could finish it for us. Sent her adress of brother in law in NYC. No response since.
Will upload pictures from the Levi Leipheimer Gran Fondo when on a real computer and when I have figured out how to do it (am on iPhone now). It was a fantastic event for a Swede!!!
Lars
Cat 4

Postby Berzin » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:50 pm

Lars wrote:Got home and is now back in European time zone. Have started to get legal advice from contact in San Diego who is helping me to select lawyer. We saw a picture of a frame, told her to send it to Calfee which she didn't want to - which was good as we meanwhile found a guy here at home who could finish it for us. Sent her address of brother in law in NYC. No response since.

And you're not going to get a response.

There is no frame. The picture you received is from a tandem she made for a bike show a while ago.

Ruegamer doesn't have any tooling, manufacturing space or anything to make any more frames.

She has either sold or otherwise gotten rid of everything that one would need to manufacture/paint carbon frames.

My advice would be to contact your legal representation and forget contacting Ruegamer directly. You can still get your money back, you just have to act as swiftly as possible.
Last edited by Berzin on Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies."-Freidrich Nietzsche
Berzin
Cat 3

Postby Lars » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:54 pm

That's what we suspect, so we are now in the process of selecting lawyer, filing police report etc.
Lars
Cat 4

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:01 pm

Berzin, where are you getting your facts from? I'm not saying that you're wrong but you seem to know an awful lot about it?
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby Gumgardner » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:46 pm

Lars...how do you like your Ruegamer tandem? I hope it was worth the wait. Have fun!
Gumgardner
Cat 2

Postby Lars » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:49 pm

Haven't seen any tandem. We just talked here at home and decided to start the process of ordering from someone else. Ruegamer will more likely become a criminal case.
Lars
Cat 4

Postby Lars » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:06 pm

It's sad for my wife who is slowly going blind. We have already missed some of the fun we had planned to do. Now we need to move on and get one from somewhere else it seems. It's one of the few things my wife can do, and we can't wait around any longer. I now have a good lawyer in San Diego helping me find a cheaper lawyer and the right way to process things. Haven't had enough time myself, but next week I'll focus more on this to take it to the next stage. Sad with the evade and escape tactics of Ruegamer. Really gives you the scam feeling. It's better to be upfront and honest when you have this sort of problems instead of moving into shady behaviour.
Lars
Cat 4

Postby Lars » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:02 pm

Gumgardner, I just learned that a packet arrived to NYC with a frame in it. Hopefully it's in good shape and we can enjoy many rides on it! I had actually given up on this and am now positively surprised. Will report back later.
Lars
Cat 4

Postby Gumgardner » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:45 pm

Yup. They told me they sent it to you. You did yourself a disservice by telling them to send it to a competitor. That made no sense and got under their skin. Have fun with it. I'm sure it's a top notch frame.
Gumgardner
Cat 2

Postby Lars » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:04 pm

Well, when they couldn't complete it it made total sense to me to have it sent to a competitor who could complete it. Who else could? I cartainly couldn't. Who is the customer here? Anyhow that's sorted in a different way locally here now. Now there's "only" USD 2100 to get back (if we got a fork with the frame). Will pursue that, even if it costs significantly more.
Lars
Cat 4

Postby Bella_Rue » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:33 am

Actually Rue could complete the build up but informed you it would take a bit longer with re-establishing accounts after we had moved to CA. Being its not common for her to add components to frames for customers nor sell components, its not uncommon at all for suppliers to ask for further information. The email sent to you specifically stated that Rue could add the components if you still wanted but understood if you didn't want any further delays. By the way, not answering an email in the time frame you desire isn't "evade and escape tactics". Rue told you how busy she was from the very beginning. The frame was completed and shipped to you, with a fork as you specified. If you didn't trust Rue to begin with, you honestly shouldn't have pressed so hard for a frame to be build. You received emails whenever something came up in production, which you were told does happen and you just assumed the worse.

Oh and for the record, only one of us is bisexual and the other one is gay. Not that it has any bearing on how your frame was built but apparently you feel it has something to do with this discussion. And I'm allowed to help anyone out as an administrator especially since I have over ten years experiences as an Executive Admin. Its not illegal for me to type up an email for a business and if you think there's something "shady" about it, I suggest you never work with a small company here in the US... they're FULL of family and friends working for each other!

While we're on the subject of strange things people say, Berzin, do you also know how much milk is in our fridge? I don't know where you get your information from, but its off... way off. Though yes, its true, Rue is going out of business, everything else you've said is just you talking out your back end. You don't talk to anyone here so you obviously have no clue.

But for the record, Rue is going out of business. Her passion became a job and before she begins to hate it, she's getting out. She's not doing it for anything other than her being tired of drama like this for no good reason.

Lars, I hope you and your wife truly enjoy the frame and that it gives you as much joy as our other customers have had with theirs. Its now a collector's item. Enjoy.
Bella_Rue
Cat 5

PreviousNext

Return to General cycling