Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

The Günter Mai Spin - 2850g / 6.28lbs

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Re: The Günter Mai Spin - 2850g / 6.28lbs

Postby Fuchs » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:45 am

are these the normal orions? then you could take the 3000 wich are a bit lighter, or you build your own brakes ;)

by the way, build some new brake levers as the one on the bike are really heavy with 80g....think that you should come down to 40-50g with something in carbon.
Fuchs
Cat 2

Postby über-goober » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:35 pm

Your Campagnolo brakes on the Fuchs Bike are amazing work! :D

i have tuned some Nuovo Records to about 230g w/ bolt tuning and ti springs, but those at 158g are :shock: :shock: :lol:
the problem? could be the nut behind the handlebars.
über-goober
Cat 2

Postby Fuchs » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:08 pm

your records look sweet as well! nice and classy but i see a lot of weight you could save on them ;)
you´ve seen Don´s old brakes he had before, on his rue? they had less then my brakes but i do not know how they worked....
right now i´m on for some carbonbrakes for my bike. hope to come under 85g with some homemades just for this bike...and of course enough brakepower as well. will start to make them in winter. right now i´m on my rear deralieur when i find some time. building a complete cage with less then 12g for everything (pulleys,bolts and so on) is on the list. made an try and error part today but this one was rubbisch.
Fuchs
Cat 2

Postby FAQinc » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:55 pm

[/quote]Jeffr - about racing it on a big hillclimb: HELL YES to that idea. :applause: Seems like what it was made to do. But not by me unfortunately.. the rider's measurements have to be about 70cm for the saddle and 56cm seat to bars (and ideally w/ a lot more wattage than what i've got). For a weight limit i'm guessing 65kg or thereabouts.. Is it Haleakala that's your big climb around there? Also i thought Mt Lemmon, Washington, Evans, or Pikes Peak for this bike's chance to turn a pedal in anger. Anyone know any 'talent' in that size who could set a HC record and also work a downtube shifter?[/quote]

Why don't you try Contador he seems to fit the bill, just don't pay him in steaks :lmao:
Flatulence for men the musk that lingers.
FAQinc
Cat 2

Postby twlilly » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:32 pm

I know I'm really late the game here. I'm wondering whatever became of the carbon Sachs/Jubilee rear derailleur by Bernhard Langerbein (I think) and maybe others that Gunter had on this bike.
twlilly
Cyclotourist

Postby über-goober » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:41 am

S'up Twilly..

That part still resides in Germany.
the problem? could be the nut behind the handlebars.
über-goober
Cat 2

Previous

Return to General cycling