Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

FWB Golf thread

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Postby Boonen » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:29 am

Ypsylon wrote:Which one is the Eisenhower tree?

It's the big pine on hole 17. I heard it's called the Eisenhower three because President Eisenhower hit it so often while playing he lobbied to have it cut down :lol:

Stephen, I don't know all that much about gold but the Masters is something you could compare to the Tour of Flanders, Paris-Roubaix or maybe even the Tour de France. I watched some of it last night and it's amazing to see how those guys tackle some of the holes and make it seem very easy, while the next one who might be just as good totally messes up. Justin Rose did a 68 on the first day which is really good with a string of birdies, but yesterday he did the round in 78 hits with even a triple bogey. It's the little things that make all the difference and only playing constant 4 days in a row will get you on top.
Boonen
Faster than Superman

Postby Ypsylon » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:52 pm

Boonen wrote:
Ypsylon wrote:Which one is the Eisenhower tree?

It's the big pine on hole 17. I heard it's called the Eisenhower three because President Eisenhower hit it so often while playing he lobbied to have it cut down :lol:

In the version I heard he hit it every single time he played. :D
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:34 pm

Christian, I've been trying to watch a bit, but it's on tv at the same time as the world swimming championships, so it's a tough decision. For the record, last time I saw it Tiger had a lot to do, and wasn't looking too happy, and.... GB are getting loads of medals in the swimming :toppie:
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Re: FWB Golf thread

Postby Boonen » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:04 pm

Soooo, anyone who'll follow this weekends Ryder cup? Timing is a bit off with the Worlds in the same weekend but with all the time differences it shouldn't really matter. I saw they benched Furyk for the fourball tomorrow morning, very surprising. There's been a bit of a conflict between Tiger and McIlroy so it would be entertaining if they were to play together. Not tomorrow it seems but there's two more days.
Boonen
Faster than Superman

Postby Ypsylon » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:19 pm

I don't know what happend, but I guess it has to do with McIlroy's gf?

I started playing golf on the wii two days ago. Stoped yesterday. Rather boring.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Postby Boonen » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:31 pm

How does that work, do you get a club with it? Although I do know what it is I have to confess I've never tried a wii ...

I don't know about his girlfriend but Rory McIlroy commented that he wouldn't mind playing Tiger Woods on the Ryder Cup if he played like he did in the World Golf Championships where he finished second to last at 18 over. Not sure how he put it exactly but apparently Tiger took that the wrong way :lol:
Boonen
Faster than Superman

Postby Ypsylon » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:49 am

You pretend you have a club.

Then you pretend you have a ball and a hole with a flag in it.

I didn't know his first name was Rory. Is he one of the Gilmore Girls?
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Postby Boonen » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:59 am

The Gilmore girls, are they Matthews daughters? You do know this isn't womens golf do you? :wink:

Anyway, 3 fourballs on their way and Europe is already up by 3, nice start! Image
Boonen
Faster than Superman

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:03 pm

Boonen wrote:How does that work, do you get a club with it? Although I do know what it is I have to confess I've never tried a wii ...

You'd enjoy it! I do and I don't even like golf!! Last thing I heard the Ryder cup had been postponed due to the bad weather. Oh, wait, it's in the UK, explains everything. You should see what it's like outside at the moment!
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby Boonen » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:13 pm

Yep, 'rain delay'. No idea what they are talking about though, I was out all afternoon and it's 17 degrees and blue skies :wink:
Boonen
Faster than Superman

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:39 pm

:evil:
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby Boonen » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:42 pm

If it's any consolation, they just started playing again :wink: :mocking:
Boonen
Faster than Superman

Postby slisk » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:11 pm

Boonen wrote:The Gilmore girls, are they Matthews daughters? You do know this isn't womens golf do you? :wink:

Kind of wish it was...Natalie Gulbis would be on my team thank you very much!
I buy everything that JMT lists on this site.
slisk
Grand Tourer

Postby Ypsylon » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:19 pm

IIRC the Gilmore Girls are both called Rory, but I could be wrong.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Postby Boonen » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:11 pm

Slisk, I see you're a real connaisseur :wink:
Boonen
Faster than Superman

PreviousNext

Return to General cycling