Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

New Job!!!!!

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

New Job!!!!!

Postby dunlinii » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:30 pm

So over the last month I have been busy moving house and getting ready to start my new job on Monday.

It turns out this is really stressful, and means you spend way to much time on trains/in cars and in IKEA (sorry j0m)

So now I am working at Rolls Royce as a machinist/welder on aeroplane engines and am very excited (mostly because they give you cool clothes) and I have also now got a motorbike licence which is quite good fun. In fact the only bad thing is that I logged on here and saw how many posts there were and after about a while just clicked mark forums read. I now am fearful I may have missed some interesting things. So basically this leads me on to my last point;

This forum needs an iPhone app. Then it would be easy to keep track on the move!!!!

P.S Pritch - I told you I would have a big as wind tunnel :grin:
Being a Pirate should be considered a Manly job because pirates get two types of booty.
dunlinii
Cat 1

Re: New Job!!!!!

Postby j0m » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:33 pm

Good to see you back! I hope you'll enjoy your new home and job.

I live a about 15 minutes away from the world's largest IKEA, and AFAIK it wasn't that long ago it was the only one too. Out of the ones I've visited it's by far the least annoying. It's really weird driving through Europe now that there are IKEAs in almost every village.

I actually had a brief look into phone addons for phpbb a while ago. Didn't find any good ones that are free. But guess what, I think the Iphone has a web browser. :wink:

I'm pretty sure you didn't miss anything interesting unless you count the spam, but we are usually pretty quick to hide that anyways so that only the staff can take advantage of all the great offers. :roll:
j0m
The Big Brain

Postby FAQinc » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:45 pm

Good job Dunlinii hope you find yourself some decent roads in your area :D

What I could recommend is bookmark the forum webpage link as an Icon on the Iphone I have plenty of bookmarks on mine works great and only one click away

P.S. Artsy pics of BMC's next to big engines or in wind tunnels are a must in the coming months :positive:
Flatulence for men the musk that lingers.
FAQinc
Cat 2

Postby dunlinii » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:47 pm

Yeah I want a pic of it sitting in the fan casing on a trent 900.

I know the phone has a web browser, but there is still a facebook app :P
Being a Pirate should be considered a Manly job because pirates get two types of booty.
dunlinii
Cat 1

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:04 pm

Oh no, I'll never get on a plane again now I know you work for Rolls Royce! :mocking:

Seriously, congrats, that must be an awesome job. That also must mean that we'll be seeing some new expensive bikes soon as rumours have it that Rolls Royce employees don't do too badly salary wise :wink: (on that note, what are you doing shopping in Ikea. Mixing it with the 'regular' people like me? I would have thought you'd have an account with Harrods by now :D )

As for the iphone app, stop being lazy and just use Safari with a book mark. Southerners :roll: (joking! :grin: )
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby pritchet74 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:39 pm

Get a picture of your bike in the wind tunnel!

:banana:
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby dunlinii » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:36 pm

Or maybe I'm going to IKEA so that I can spend more on bikes/cars/boats/motorbikes/things with engines....:dunno:
dunlinii
Cat 1

Postby Thomskie » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:54 pm

Hey David, is there a link between failing engines at Quantas Airlines and you working for RR? :lol:

Btw, a late happy birthday... (I thought I saw your name some days ago at the birthdays)
Thomskie
Cat 1

Postby dunlinii » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:52 pm

Hehe, thought someone might brink that up.

Work is pretty stressful at the moment, not gonna lie, but I think things will be fine. Kinda weird though leaving work and getting asked things by tv crews. The official line was (and still is) no comment lol.
dunlinii
Cat 1

Return to General cycling