Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Dash G.49 Saddle

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Dash G.49 Saddle

Postby CDale09 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:10 pm

Just received my new Dash G.49 saddle. First thoughts, the saddle is very light and excellent finish for such a light saddle. The way the rails are shaped doesn't allow a lot of adjustment. I just hope it won't be a problem. I'll replace my AX-Lightness Phoenix Premium (which is only good for garbage) for this.

Last edited by CDale09 on Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
CDale09
Cat 3

Re: Dash G.49 Saddle

Postby lancev7 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:16 pm

The saddle sure looks nice and has a very nice weight as well.
Why is your Phoenix saddle only garbage filling?
colnago extreme-c
lancev7
Cat 2

Postby jsmst32 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:56 pm

Send me your AX!! Please! ;)
jsmst32
Cat 2

Postby CDale09 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:14 pm

lancev7 wrote:The saddle sure looks nice and has a very nice weight as well.

They break way too easily just like my AX stem. By the way, this is my second Phoenix saddle and my fourth AX saddle. No more AX stuff for me. I prefer to stick with reliable products and a company that offer a good customer service.
CDale09
Cat 3

Postby Jeffr » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:18 pm

I've had great experiences with ax saddles. Especially the pheonix. I have one that has survived two crashes where it slide across asphalt at over 20mph.

That said dash looks interesting. The way the rails are bonded into the saddle reminds me of m2 racer though which had some issues at times with the rails delaminating. Hopefully dash won't have those issues. I'd be tempted to try the leather wrapped one for slightly more friction. Let us know how you like it after some rides.
Jeffr
The Man in Black

Postby CDale09 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:30 pm

Jeffr wrote:I've had great experiences with ax saddles. Especially the pheonix. I have one that has survived two crashes where it slide across asphalt at over 20mph.

That said dash looks interesting. The way the rails are bonded into the saddle reminds me of m2 racer though which had some issues at times with the rails delaminating. Hopefully dash won't have those issues. I'd be tempted to try the leather wrapped one for slightly more friction. Let us know how you like it after some rides.

Jeff, do you have the regular 3K Phoenix or the Premium 1K version? I'm surprise your saddle survived after that crash. Both of my AX1000 cracked near the rails on the rear even though i've never crashed.

As for the Dash, the rails are indeed similar to the M2Racer but they feel a lot stronger. I had a M2 Racer saddle before my AX saddles and like you mentionned i had issues with the rails delaminating. What is great about Dash is they offer a 2 year defect warranty and a lifetime crash replacement program. I just hope i won't have any issues with this saddle. I'll test it out this weekend and i'll let you guys know.
Last edited by CDale09 on Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
CDale09
Cat 3

Postby Jeffr » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:33 pm

I have two of the regular phoenix saddles. They are both about 4-5 years old now and date from before there was a premium line.
Jeffr
The Man in Black

Postby jsmst32 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:58 am

CDale09 wrote:

They break way too easily just like my AX stem. By the way, this is my second Phoenix saddle and my fourth AX saddle. No more AX stuff for me. I prefer to stick with reliable products and a company that offer a good customer service.

so you've either bought and broke at least one ax stem and 4 ax saddles. If so, why would you keep buying them. If you got them under warranty, howcould you complain about the customer service? Nils From AX has been so
helpful with anything I've ever asked him. Above and beyond I'd say.
jsmst32
Cat 2

Postby Jeffr » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:07 am

I think cdale's experiences are quite atypical by the sounds of things. It is unfortunate, but let's please not turn this into another ax bashing thread. We already have a couple of those.

There's enough interesting and positive to say about dash to fill a number of threads.
Jeffr
The Man in Black

Postby jsmst32 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:47 am

It's annoying though every post he has bashes AX. Get over it.
jsmst32
Cat 2

Postby CDale09 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:07 am

jsmst32 wrote:
CDale09 wrote:

so you've either bought and broke at least one ax stem and 4 ax saddles. If so, why would you keep buying them. If you got them under warranty, howcould you complain about the customer service? Nils From AX has been so
helpful with anything I've ever asked him. Above and beyond I'd say.

If you were in my situation, i can guarantee you would have a different opinion about AX and Nils and Axel. Just for your info, i'm still stuck with that broken AX stem. :bangHead: I'm currently using as a nice paper weight.

Anyway, Jeff is right. Let's not turn this into another AX bashing thread.
Last edited by CDale09 on Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
CDale09
Cat 3

Postby felipedana » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:21 am

I also just received my dash saddle (mine is the aero.99, came in at 93g fully padded).. it's a great artisan saddle.. I just went on two short rides with it but I'm loving it so far
felipedana
Cat 5

Postby CDale09 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:25 am

Went for a short ride (around 45mins) this afternoon and it seems like my butt like the shape of the G.49. The AX Phoenix wasn't bad in terms of comfort but i wasn't really able to ride on it for more than 3 hours. I think i won't have that problem with the G.49. I'll test it out more during the weekend. Other than that, the saddle is very solid especially for the weight and the new revised rails looks quite durable.

Here's the saddle mounted on my new seatpost:

CDale09
Cat 3

Postby Johnny_yutah » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:48 am

jsmst32 wrote:It's annoying though every post he has bashes AX. Get over it.

Why are you still reading? If it is annoying, get the hell out of his thread!!!

CDale stop wasting your time with these people and let them dream about owning an Ax part.
Johnny_yutah
Cat 3

Postby Jeffr » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:53 am

Do you typically ride mountain or road? I see most of your posts are related to mountain setups.
Jeffr
The Man in Black

Next

Return to General cycling