Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Taking my Di2 Internal, and the trip to Colorado, FINISHED!

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Taking my Di2 Internal, and the trip to Colorado, FINISHED!

Postby pritchet74 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:19 pm

Taking the RD cable is step #1:

More to come......
Last edited by pritchet74 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Re: Taking my Di2 Internal

Postby Ypsylon » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:24 pm

:shock:

Make sure you take a lot of pictures of everything, please.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Postby pritchet74 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:09 am

I've got pictures showing this step to completion, but I didn't have time to post 'em. That cable is complete & it works perfectly. It's so clean now!

Next step is either the front derailleur or the shifting cables. I haven't decided. Next week I'm flying to Denver to get some assistance with modifying the battery to take that internal as well. :mrgreen:
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby pritchet74 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:40 am

I chopped my seatpost too since I'll be taking the battery into there. Nice weight savings. I should save that much again when I take the batteries out of the case.

So one cable down & 3 to go......
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby Ypsylon » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:26 am

Is that your own cable or a stripped down Shimano one?
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Postby Boonen » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:32 am

Looks great Pritch! Let us know how it turns out :D
Boonen
Faster than Superman

Postby Frankie - B » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:37 am

Great Project Pritch! Please keep us posted.
Frankie - B
Double Agent

Postby pritchet74 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:46 pm

Those are my own cables. When I cut the cable to the RD there just wasn't enough wire length to work with to make the splice once I ran the cable thru the frame, so I used other wires. When I do the shifter wires there should be enought that I don't have to use other wires. I'll find out soon enough.
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby Boonen » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:42 pm

Pritch, where will you enter the shifting cables coming from the bars? The holes you used till now, were they already in the frame or did you have to do some drilling? :D
Boonen
Faster than Superman

Postby pritchet74 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:43 pm

I'm going to drill a 5 mm hole in the top tube similar to the holes in the newer S2 & S3 models. But that hole needs to be within 10 mm of the headset. Those instructions are from Cervelo & drilling this hole will NOT void my warrantee. Pretty cool, eh?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby dunlinii » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:20 pm

That is pretty cool, but I can't believe your flying somewhere to get some battery help!!
Being a Pirate should be considered a Manly job because pirates get two types of booty.
dunlinii
Cat 1

Postby pritchet74 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:01 pm

Let me clarify: I'm going to Denver for business. While I am there I will be driving to Colorado Springs to pick up my brand spanking new SRM, having a Retul fit done by Todd Carver in Denver, and going to Boulder to do a ride with some guys there. It just happens that I'll be there when I need to do the battery modification so I'll be able to get help from someone who has more experience in this department.
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby BMANX » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:39 pm

Oh I know where you are going with this build and it is spectacular. Good work. I can not wait to see this completed. Now all you need to get is the custom remotes for the top of the bar so that you can have shifting from the drops, hoods and tops.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT

Cervelo SLC 5890g/12.98lbs
BMANX
Cat 1

Postby pritchet74 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:04 pm

That is an option. You might get to see it later this year. I have to go to BC for 2 weddings this summer & fall. I'm hoping to bring the bike with me...
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby BMANX » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:05 pm

Bring it out and we can ride for sure. I should have my SLC completely finished by then as well as a few other builds.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT

Cervelo SLC 5890g/12.98lbs
BMANX
Cat 1

Next

Return to General cycling