Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Introducing Victoria....... (new wheels on Page 31)

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Re: Introducing Victoria....... (Version 2.0 coming soon)

Postby pritchet74 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:23 pm

There will be a road & TT version. But 98% of the time she's going to be a road bike. She's just have an ass that looks like a triathlete. :wink:
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:14 am

I keep thinking of her as a TT bike, hence my question about the Hed 3, although I still didn't realise that it was banned for mass starts. Gotta love those rule makers :nonono: At least it won't affect you. :wink:
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby pritchet74 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:40 am

Today was the 2nd ride on the rear H3 wheel. I absolutely love it. It's like being re-united with my college girlfriend....... :mrgreen:

The Hookers arrive tomorrow - of course I just realized that I don't have a complete set of Nokons for the brakes - only a complete set if I use the Nokons with Powercordz, which probably won't work with the Hookers. So I need some steel Nokon cables & new liners - unfortunately this means that I will have to buy a full new set to get those parts. That's going to suck....
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby stumpytrunks » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:46 am

I've never understood that rule. We can use them in mass start on the track but not on the road. In my experience you've got a much higher chance of putting a hand in a wheel on the track!
Pain hurts
stumpytrunks
The Tassie Devil

Postby Ypsylon » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:18 am

You can't buy Nokon liners by themselves? I'm sure I read you can buy some compatible liners without purchasing a full set. Ask Jason.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Postby dalai » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:55 am

Agreed about the UCI rules. Saw more wheels destroyed and pile ups last week on the velodrome than I have in all the road races...

We need photos pritchet74! Every time I've come back to this topic there still aren't any new ones posted... Sounds like it will be a unique final build!
dalai
Cat 1

Postby pritchet74 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:42 pm

Well, I was just educated on Nokons. The Nokon liners I have are apparently shift liners, which is why steel brake cables don't fit. But I was told I can use my Powercordz liners with steel cables, so problem solved!

No pics until she's perfect though & being that I decided that the Hookers will be polished & then anodized black, well, it's going to be a few weeks. I hope to polish 'em this weekend, then get them to the anodizer. That'll take about a week. Then it'll all go back together.

I think it'll be worth the wait.
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby dunlinii » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:32 pm

pritchet74 wrote:I think it'll be worth the wait.

Better be :wink:

The hookers will look good black...
Being a Pirate should be considered a Manly job because pirates get two types of booty.
dunlinii
Cat 1

Postby pritchet74 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:39 pm

So I just got the brakes. WOW..... They are just wonderful. I've changed my mind - they will stay silver. I just can't bring myself to change 'em.

I have to get new cable hangers though - the rear one that I got only works with a P3C. The front that I picked up last night doesn't hav enough drop to get below my -17 degree stem.
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:19 am

Glad you're keeping them silver. I think anodising would spoil them :wink:
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby BMANX » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:49 pm

Pictures or it never happened. I think this build will look amazing when done.

So when you want to sell your Hooker Brakes, let me know as I know you will upgrade again at some point. HA HA. I just want to be first in line.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT

Cervelo SLC 5890g/12.98lbs
BMANX
Cat 1

Postby coloclimber » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:46 pm

The hookers on ebay right now are at an insane price already.

+++ on the photos- especially the TT modified set up.
-Enjoy the Ride
coloclimber
Cat 2

Postby pritchet74 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:53 pm

And that's still much less than I paid. :wink:

So the build is put off another week & a half. I just talked to a friend who has 3 complete Hooker bikes (so 3 pairs of these brakes) + 1 other brake. I'm going to his house in 2 weeks (3 hour drive each way) & he's going to help me disassemble, clean, lubricate, reassemble, then install the brakes on the bike.

The clamp mechanism on these brakes is sort of like the Orions in how the cable is clamped, but the process is a bit more of a pain an the ass. We're going to see if we can get a cable splice to work for the front brake, that way I would only have to re-route the rear cable when I switch out the front end. It that don't work then I'll just have 2 front brakes - 1 for the road handlebars & 1 for the TT setup. That way I just have to remove the stem & brake from the fork to make the switch. Then run the rear brake cable to a different rear brake. Then I gotta decide on a rear brake though that's quick & easy to attach a cable to. I'll either go with a Record or EE brake in silver to sort of match the front. If I can get a cable splice to work on the front cable though then I'll stick with the front & rear Hookers.
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby Fuchs » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:25 pm

so you paid all that money for something you maybe will never use :D
thats cool....just like me haha
Fuchs
Cat 2

Postby pritchet74 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:50 pm

http://ritcheylogic.com/dyn_prod.php?p= ... 10&k=97992

Problem solved. Now I can keep both brakes on the bike & I only have to re-run the rear brake cable each time. I'll put this bad boy on the front brake cable to make the switch easier.
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

PreviousNext

Return to General cycling