Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Introducing Victoria....... (new wheels on Page 31)

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Re: Introducing Victoria.......

Postby ash » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:57 pm

i'm so behind, but damn! thats a sweet looking bike pritch. Cant wait to see the updates.

ash
ash
Cat 3

Postby pritchet74 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:03 am

Thanks Ash - I am looking forward to it as well. If all goes to plan then I will have it all back together (mostly) by the end of September. :mrgreen:
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby j_imaizumi » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:51 am

If you're going Di2, I'd stick with the Duraace brakes and for whats its worth, I think that you'll love the drivetrain as much as Madcow and I do. Keep us posted on any developments!
j_imaizumi
Cat 2

Postby pritchet74 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:29 pm

Di2 is installed & ready to go. The maiden voyage is scheduled for this evening with my son.

The new wheels will be here on Wednesday & the new bar & stem (Ritchey WCS Classic bar & a black 4-Axis stem) will be here Friday - SO, I whould have picks up Friday evening. :mrgreen:
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby dunlinii » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:48 pm

See now why would you say such a think on monday, its just mean :roll:
Being a Pirate should be considered a Manly job because pirates get two types of booty.
dunlinii
Cat 1

Postby pritchet74 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:13 pm

:impish:
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby slisk » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:26 am

...and how is the "pocket change" fund for the brakes comin' :wink:
I buy everything that JMT lists on this site.
slisk
Grand Tourer

Postby pritchet74 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:18 am

:mrgreen: it's coming along. Madcow says he won't have some in till the end of October & by then it'll all be sorted out. It'll work out perfectly! :party:
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Re: Introducing Victoria....... (Version 2.0 coming soon)

Postby pritchet74 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:24 pm

So after taking 3 weeks off the bike at the end of the season I got my 1st off-season ride in today. Also the 1st ride on Di2. Wow - I am in love. It's just so crisp, quiet, & works perfectly. The best part is the front derailleur - it's just so smooth & operates with no delay. For those of you old guys who used to use down-tube shifters you might understand what I am about to say. You see - I have used down tube shifters as both friction shifting & also indexed shifting - with friction shifting the shifts are just so quiet & smooth - it's like a proper strip tease that way. Indexed shifting is loud & just not as elegant. Going from SRAM Red to Di2 reminds me of going from indexed shifting to friction shifting in terms of elegance. Just so smooth & quiet. Highly recommended.

I have almost everything ready that I need to introduce Version 2.0 of Victoria - I just need to get some tires for the new Stinger 6's & also the new brakes. Right now I am using some "temporary" brakes so the bike it's photo ready. :wink:

I put on a new set of handlebars (Ritchey WCS Classic) last night & I have to say that I hate these bars. As soon as I finish typing this I am going to switch back to my old bars.

Oh ya - I have been using Bontrager bar tape the last few years - it's a cork style of tape & worked great. I had a set of Specialized bar tape though laying around & I put that on last night - WOW - really nice bar tape. Very stretchy, but it doesn't seem like it'll rip & it's very, very cushioned. For someone like me who doesn't ride without gloves this is a big plus.
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby dunlinii » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:48 pm

SO, I whould have picks up Friday evening.

See now, I've just got home, its a Saturday evening/Sunday Morning, and I don't see pics. Your a bully. :finga: :wink:
Being a Pirate should be considered a Manly job because pirates get two types of booty.
dunlinii
Cat 1

Postby bouncintigger » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:35 am

Awesome looking bike... you're making me consider the white hoods / black tape option for my red / black / white R3 ;)
bouncintigger
Cat 4

Postby pritchet74 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:48 pm

Thanks! I really liked the white hoods as well.

Build update: I just got my new rear wheel - a clincher Hed 3 spoke. I know this is not going to be a decision by the masses, but I can live with that. I have always like the Hed 3 as a rear wheel - in the mid-90's I raced with a Specialized Tri-Spoke as a rear wheel for every race I did. I love it for many reasons & will use it as my daily rear wheel. Training, racing - everything. Fashion police my damned on this one. :wink: And before someone asks, the answer is "yes", I can race with it here in the US of A.

The Hookers arrive on Wednesday. Then just waiting for my front tire to arrive from FWB - then I can show the new build.
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:27 pm

pritchet74 wrote:And before someone asks, the answer is "yes", I can race with it here in the US of A.

Ok, I'm going to ask, what's the story behind that statement? I've heard of the 'deep' Hed 3 being banned from certain races but only as a front. I thought the standard '3' was ok for all racing, especially on the rear?
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby pritchet74 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:54 am

The Hed 3-spoke isn't legal for mass start racing according to UCI rules. But the racing that I do isn't governed by UCI rules. Most Euro places & I believe Australia can't use that wheel for mass start racing.
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby Juanmoretime » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:33 am

pritchet74 wrote:Thanks! I really liked the white hoods as well.

Build update: I just got my new rear wheel - a clincher Hed 3 spoke. I know this is not going to be a decision by the masses, but I can live with that. I have always like the Hed 3 as a rear wheel - in the mid-90's I raced with a Specialized Tri-Spoke as a rear wheel for every race I did. I love it for many reasons & will use it as my daily rear wheel. Training, racing - everything. Fashion police my damned on this one. :wink: And before someone asks, the answer is "yes", I can race with it here in the US of A.

The Hookers arrive on Wednesday. Then just waiting for my front tire to arrive from FWB - then I can show the new build.

Glad you got the Hooker thing and now HED thing straightened out. Sounds like Victoria is turning into a tt bike.
For my next trick I will set myself on fire!
Juanmoretime
Cat 1

PreviousNext

Return to General cycling