Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

JMT Memorial International Beer Tour (part deux)

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Re: JMT Memorial International Beer Tour (part deux)

Postby dunlinii » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:02 pm

:applause:
Being a Pirate should be considered a Manly job because pirates get two types of booty.
dunlinii
Cat 1

Postby Thomskie » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:05 pm

Wish I was in München(Munich) now. Oktoberfesten!
Thomskie
Cat 1

Postby dunlinii » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:05 pm

Thomskie wrote:Wish I was in München(Munich) now. Oktoberfesten!

Don't we all? :wink:
Being a Pirate should be considered a Manly job because pirates get two types of booty.
dunlinii
Cat 1

Postby pritchet74 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:33 pm

Sounds like fun to me!
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby slisk » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:14 am

Well John, have you regained consciousness and found your computer! Let's have an update from our master brewer. :D
I buy everything that JMT lists on this site.
slisk
Grand Tourer

Postby Juanmoretime » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:55 am

slisk wrote:Well John, have you regained consciousness and found your computer! Let's have an update from our master brewer. :D

Well the Beer and Chili Fest was excellent. I didn't partake in the chili portion since food always seems to interfere with the effects of alcohol intake. The sampling were liberal although I did tend to stick to either varieties of stouts with several IPA's tossed in for balance.

The home brewing went well too. Our downstairs bathroom smells very deliciously of cascade hops!

Speaking of hops I have a bunch drying in my workout room. A friend grew a bunch this summer since he just likes the way they look and he picked them and gave them all to me. I like free brewing supplies and fresh hops will make my next creation even better.

I'm in Chicago for a meeting so my brother in law and I managed to drink a 6 pack of Mojo IPA. Mojo is a small brewer out of Boulder. :toppie:

That is the Wednesday beer report.
For my next trick I will set myself on fire!
Juanmoretime
Cat 1

Postby alienator » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:26 pm

JMT, the pre-drink checklist is complete, and I'm ready to launch your brew into my gullet. This weekend I've got a shite load of work to do, so I'll toss back your beer whilst embracing my academic side. It helps ease the pain of some of the more tortuous math.
alienator
Resident Trouble-Maker

Postby Juanmoretime » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:08 am

alienator wrote:JMT, the pre-drink checklist is complete, and I'm ready to launch your brew into my gullet. This weekend I've got a shite load of work to do, so I'll toss back your beer whilst embracing my academic side. It helps ease the pain of some of the more tortuous math.

Please post a full ride report including a build list. :applause:
Juanmoretime
Cat 1

Postby slisk » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:48 am

alienator wrote:JMT, the pre-drink checklist is complete, and I'm ready to launch your brew into my gullet. This weekend I've got a shite load of work to do, so I'll toss back your beer whilst embracing my academic side. It helps ease the pain of some of the more tortuous math.

I'm guessing this post indicates a pretty good report from your transplant doctor. If that's the case, I'm very pleased to hear it :applause: We'll need to do some of that riding we had planned last summer, this summer. My place or yours? - CO or AZ?
I buy everything that JMT lists on this site.
slisk
Grand Tourer

Postby alienator » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:17 pm

slisk wrote:

I'm guessing this post indicates a pretty good report from your transplant doctor. If that's the case, I'm very pleased to hear it :applause: We'll need to do some of that riding we had planned last summer, this summer. My place or yours? - CO or AZ?

Yup, that's been going pretty well.

I'm here 365 per. I have bike, and am ready to ride. I gotta warn you though: if Mila Jovovich calls, offering me a ride, I'll forget all about you and will ride h.........with her.
alienator
Resident Trouble-Maker

Postby alienator » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:29 am

Alright, Juanny on the spot, your brew was sampled and the results are in.
alienator
Resident Trouble-Maker

Postby alienator » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:29 am

Would you like to know what they are?
alienator
Resident Trouble-Maker

Postby alienator » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:40 am

I have to say, straight off, that I'm mucho picky about beers. I've always been more of a vodka and tonic or vodka and cranberry kind of guy (Although a wine glass of of straight Stoly's, that's been stored in the freezer, is mighty good.). That said, when I popped off the cap, me noted the beer had a full aroma. The head was thick. The taste, like the aroma,was full, and sweet. It finished off with a slightly fruity flavor. I drank it slowly to see how it tasted as it warmed up. The taste was consistent all the way to the end, even near room temp (and room temp, here, is definitely warmer than basement temp in Germany). It was pretty damned good. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that it's one of the two best beers I've had in my life. Whether it's the best or not is difficult to say. The other beer was tossed back, in Germany, 27 years ago, and I don't remember the details well enough to make that ultimate decision.

Great stuff, Juan. Good job. :applause: :banana: :banana: :headbang: :banana: :banana: :applause:
alienator
Resident Trouble-Maker

Postby Juanmoretime » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:44 am

Thank you very much! In my best Elvis impersonation. You know I wanted to hear it. I went to bed early. Did a hard hundred yesterday and have much more riding on the books today. The wife is out of town until tomorrow. I'm glad you were final able to enjoy it! :thumbUp:

My IPA, the Moretime version of an IPA, is coming along nicely. It's still in the womb, carboy, fermenting. I bottle next weekend and then it needs to sit in the bottle for a month to be at its peak.

Bartender, a round for everyone!
Juanmoretime
Cat 1

Postby Juanmoretime » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:39 am

Build progress report. IPA will be inserted into glass structures that sole purpose is to contain and start the carbonation process. Two weeks to first test ride and 4 weeks to completing the build.
Juanmoretime
Cat 1

PreviousNext

Return to General cycling