Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Introducing Victoria....... (new wheels on Page 31)

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Introducing Victoria....... (new wheels on Page 31)

Postby pritchet74 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:45 am

So I have been on a new ride for this year (since about March I think) & she has undergone many little changes here & there since I first put her together. She's been unchanged for the last 3 months & this is what I would call a "final build". Except that I just decided to switch out the AX Lightness Orions for something else. More projects require more funds unfortunately.

Anyways, this is Victoria. My ride for 2009. For the 1st time in about 5 years I think it's the first time I'll keep a frameset for more than a year. Since 2004 I have ridden a Merlin Extralight, Litespeed Vortex, Calfee Tetra Pro Custom, Ruegamer Custom, Look 565, Cervelo R3, Cervelo P3C. I sold the R3 & P3C to get this bike. It's absolutely positively the best bike I have ever ridden. If I do decide to get something else at some point I just have no idea what it would be. There is just nothing on the market that I feel would be an upgrade over this Cervelo SLC-SL for what I want in a bike.

Key points in the build:
Frameset: Cervelo SLC-SL w/ 3T Funda fork
Levers: SRAM Red
FD: Dura-Ace
RD: Custom SRAM Red w/ Dark Albert oversized carbon cage & carbon pulleys
Brakes: AX Lightness Orion
Saddle: Zoncolan
Cranks: SRM Professional Campy Compact (165mm arms) w/ Phil Wood ti BB
Pedals: Time Ulteam Carbon-Ti
Bar/Stem: Ritchey WCS alloy
Wheels: Hed Jet 6 w/ Bontrager clincher tires
Cages: BTP
Cables: white Bontrager housing for shifters, white Nokons w/ Power Cordz for the brakes

Last edited by pritchet74 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:34 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Re: Introducing Victoria.......

Postby stumpytrunks » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:24 am

That is moving art. Beautiful!
Pain hurts
stumpytrunks
The Tassie Devil

Postby Ypsylon » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:32 am

Ha, Hed wheels look brilliant in a black and white Cervélo. Who would have thought. :o

Got a white 4-axis stem coming my way as I'm typing this also. Looking even more forward to it now.

Really an outstanding job, Jeff!
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Postby Juanmoretime » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:47 am

Jeff, very sweet looking. Dang that is one hot looking bike! While I know the SRM is function its the only piece I don't like.
For my next trick I will set myself on fire!
Juanmoretime
Cat 1

Postby dunlinii » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:09 am

Very nice. Almost edible.
Being a Pirate should be considered a Manly job because pirates get two types of booty.
dunlinii
Cat 1

Postby drPhilGandini » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:10 pm

Now that's a fancy bike! Well done. Where do I get the Albert rear derailleur fixin's for mine?
dr Phil Gandini
2010 Neo Ultimate
drPhilGandini
Cat 3

Postby coloclimber » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:57 pm

Yeah. I am glad its up in the gallery.
Well done with the build. Looks hot and fast. Esp with those wheels.
Do you really need a disk? Those brakes are so sexy.
It really is a perfect WW and aero bike and is no longer is made.
-Enjoy the Ride
coloclimber
Cat 2

Postby pritchet74 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:16 pm

Ya, I'll miss the brakes, but the point of selling the R3 & P3C was to have 1 bike that I could use for road racing & also TT's. I'll need a disc for next year. Maybe a front Stinger 9. There are also some other small parts as well I need to complete the TT version of the build.

I'm becoming less concerned about the weight of the bike - I want functional & aero. Everything else is secondary. While I love the Orions for their sexiness & weight, they are basically a piece of jewelery. I just don't need jewelery any more. Besides, all the races I do are basically flat & I'll never do a hillclimb time trial, so the weight saved on brakes just isn't important. I just need brakes to work & look good.

For looks I'll go with a black Campy brakeset for now, although I see a set of EE brakes in my future.
Last edited by pritchet74 on Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby Boonen » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:39 pm

Dare I mention that I think this is one of the best looking SRM versions?

:thinking:

Great looking bike Pritch! I'm not a fan but those Hed wheels sure look good in there :top: Now imagine it with a LW disc and some proper brakes and you're set :wink:
(and since you don't ride the sram one, maybe a record fd ... )
Boonen
Faster than Superman

Postby pritchet74 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:43 pm

Boonen - I like the SRM too, but I'd like some better looking chainrings. I ain't a fan of the FSA ones on there.

Oh believe me, the LW disc is tops on my list. If only I could find one that I could afford! I can get the Hed at a good price, so that's what I'll probably end up with.
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby coloclimber » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:48 pm

Thats exactly how I felt about the Perseus. My ride now sports Super Record calipers.

Are you trying to score another cervelo seatpost and saddle to make the TT switch?
-Enjoy the Ride
coloclimber
Cat 2

Postby pritchet74 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:03 pm

I have another Cervelo "forward" seatpost to get the TT position correct. Going to TT mode will have me switch the seatpost-saddle & then taking the entire stem-bar combo (with all cables) off & putting the TT front end on & re-run all the cables. A bit of work, but not too bad. The thought of having to re-run the rear brake cable with the Orions wasn't appealing either.
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby pritchet74 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:34 pm

Oh ya, Boonen, I tried a Campy FD & it just didn't shift right. The D/A works perfectly though.

Of course, now I'm itchin' for Di2.....
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby andy2 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:16 pm

I'm looking at a Cervelo...and liking it..... :shock:

Please sweet Jesus; let me be limber as the man Jeff, with the handle Pritchet74 on this page, and be able handle a drop like that! :angel:
L'enfer, c'est les autres.
andy2
Cat 2

Postby j0m » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:34 pm

That is one great looking build Jeff! :applause: And I'm happy that you like it too, sometimes you seem a bit quick about swapping stuff.
j0m
The Big Brain

Next

Return to General cycling