Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Cervélo p3c

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Re: Cervélo p3c

Postby dunlinii » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:25 pm

Its a price you have to pay for such sexy bars...
Being a Pirate should be considered a Manly job because pirates get two types of booty.
dunlinii
Cat 1

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:43 am

Ypsylon wrote:The problem with the Campagnolo disc, besides beign too expensive, is, what front wheel would you use?

What chainrings are those? I think something beefier would look better. Libre-Lyte, could you make one that would look like Casrans for the SRAM SRM he has?

The Ghibli is a bit pricey, but a Bora front would go well with it (ok, venturing into the stupidly expensive area now!). The Hed disc sounds fine. I do have a bit of a thing for the Reynolds disc at the moment 8)

Incidentally, who is Libre-Lyte :grin: I was going to say that one of our chainrings would look stunning on that bike, but that would be bias :roll: A Dura Ace aero chainring wouldn't look too bad either (not as good as ours of course :D )

I have to agree that those 3T Ventus bars are stunning, and I want a lbs like yours rike, being able to borrow some bars for a while :shock: There is one issue. I have seen a thread here on the UK TT forum that talks about them being UCI illegal? True?
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby stumpytrunks » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:34 am

rike wrote: 3 person couch instead of saddle.

:lol: Welcome to the forum Rike. I think the three best things you could buy would be an aero helmet, deep front and disk rear. Something like a williams disk http://www.williamscycling.com/disc/disc.html would be very good value for money. Made from the old zipp moulds from my understanding. The 90mm Hed front wehels look brilliant and would probably be my chocie at the moment but a lot of girls I know have problems i nthe wind with the really deep wheels, maybe the 60mm version for you? Beautiful biek though, still can't get over the name on the frame :applause:
Pain hurts
stumpytrunks
The Tassie Devil

Postby pritchet74 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:59 am

Good point Stumpy. The new Stinger 6 is a stellar wheel & would be easier to handle. That said though I did a TT last year with 25 mph (40 kph) cross winds on my P3C with the 90mm Heds on the front & back. Handling wasn't a problem, but my position was far from UCI legal (saddle tip 1 cm ahead of the bottom bracket) so with the weight that far forward the wind just doesn't blow the front wheel out from under you.
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby rike » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:14 am

My boyfriend will spend his day on his knees in the bike shop today... helping them to put in a new floor.

I hope he brings home the bars with him and the both of us get to check them out. Not too worried about the UCI.

Chainring looks very cool, but wheels are more important to me right now.

60 or 90mm... difficult. Really windy days I hope I can borrow the 40mm Edge wheels again, but don't want to fall with Sastre's frame.

Boyfriend will look if there is HED Disc in the shop, too!
rike
Cat 4

Postby stumpytrunks » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:44 pm

Thinking about it a bit more if you were going to get a new front wheel you may as well go for the 90mm. A 38mm will still be plenty quick enough on a windy day but on a still day (where both of you could use a deep wheel) a 90mm would be very beneficial. And look fast!
Pain hurts
stumpytrunks
The Tassie Devil

Postby dunlinii » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:41 pm

Wow your lbs are so trusting :grin:
Being a Pirate should be considered a Manly job because pirates get two types of booty.
dunlinii
Cat 1

Postby pritchet74 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:37 pm

As I said before, I never had handling issues with my front 90mm, BUT I used those wheels as my training & racing wheels all of last year - so I was used to them. There is a HUGE benefit to training on wheels you will race with when the wheels are deep!
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby rike » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:51 am

Ventus looks a lot better, but I'm not sure I should keep it. It's light and very nice and position seems good, but not very good.

Bar either fits or fits not. At first we both could not put out much power, but now it looks ok with stretching UCI limits on setback a bit.

Also, bf says I can't use EDA brake/shift levers. :lol:

Oh yeah, he negotiated to get Zipp 808/900 combo from LBS for races as sort of sponsoring.
Attachments
ventus.jpg
rike
Cat 4

Postby pritchet74 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:38 pm

Ventus looks good, but it the position isn't JUST right, then it's not worth having on that machine. Zipp 808/900 combo? Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby Ypsylon » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:14 am

Had anybody mentioned the LW disc, yet? I hear it's fast and light.

Looks ok, too. :shock:
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Postby Boonen » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:45 am

That's very sharp looking :top:
Boonen
Faster than Superman

Postby Ypsylon » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:56 am

Just to avoid any confusion, that's not my bike or anything. I just saw that pic on another forum and remembered the discussion about what disc to put into a p3c.

Personally, I didn't think the LW disc would work with the frame, but it seems as if I was wrong.

Surprisingly, it's way cheaper than anything ZIpp, too. About the same as the Stinger disc.

I'd still use a different front wheel.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:27 am

That does look really sharp, but it definitely need a carbon/black crank with carbon chainrings. The silver of the d/ace stands out too much imo.
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby BMANX » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:23 pm

I will agree with Stephan on that. Maybe some Zipp 300's with custom Fibre-Lyte full aero rings and I mean both the small and large rings. Or better yet some high end Bling Bling cranks.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT

Cervelo SLC 5890g/12.98lbs
BMANX
Cat 1

PreviousNext

Return to General cycling