Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Postby billyboy » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:01 am

Nicolai wrote:Some of the goodies of today's purse buster.

It's winter playtime! :roll:

Where are the new crampons??
'Eldest, that's what I am... I remember the first raindrop and the first acorn... I knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless - before the Dark Lord came from Outside.'
billyboy
Cat 1

Postby Stoeperd » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:35 am

I bought new road shoes from Sidi, some white gloves and Shimano socks.
Attachments
DSCF0029.JPG
New bike is ready
Stoeperd
Cat 3

Postby alexedge » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:38 pm

Makes me wish I still climbed. I only did rock though - ice always made me nervous. I had a rich buddy who was always trying to get me to go ice climbing in Peru or something, said he'd set me up with all the gear, but:

a. Cali boys hate cold
b. Rich kids think they're invincible
c. I didn't trust him on belay
d. I didn't think he was a good enough communicator to teach me the tricks of placing gear in ice...

Where do you go?
Want to trade my immaculate EC90SLX for (with 8.5" steer tube) for an uncut EC90SLX or EC90 Aero? long shot I know, but PM me if you're interested. Or I will sell it if I get a good offer....
alexedge
Cat 2

Postby Nicolai » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:58 pm

alexedge wrote:Where do you go?

In a few days, to Lapland, then the French Alps, namely staying in Chamonix early next year. And yes billyboy, the crampons were there, but they didn't fit too well me boots, so they went already to be fitted by the guy, who does too the sharpening of the blades of me trusted Petzl Charlet axes. The ice is supposed to be harder, now that it's quite cold up north right now.
Nicolai
"Dirtee Tailor"

Postby dalai » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:51 am

Climbing is a great sport! Was my first love and full time occupation for many years till the reoccuring bouts of elbow tendonitis forces me to retire... :(

Back bouldering easier problems locally again, and took a week off to boulder in the Grampians and back at Mt Arapiles last August fortunately without too much pain. :D
dalai
Cat 1

Postby alexedge » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:52 am

dalai wrote:Climbing is a great sport! Was my first love and full time occupation for many years till the reoccuring bouts of elbow tendonitis forces me to retire... :(

Back bouldering easier problems locally again, and took a week off to boulder in the Grampians and back at Mt Arapiles last August fortunately without too much pain. :D

Same here - my first real addiction, umm I mean sport. Idyllwild (Black Mountain, for any socal climbers) was the local spot, but we made it to Yosemite, Bishop, Malibu, and a million little spots that no one had ever heard of. I was just starting to get into my groove and consistently sending V5s when I had an accident in the shop (race cars, one of the many black holes that sucks up all my money) that resulted in a severed tendon in the first finger on my right hand. They reattached it but it never worked right after that and I got frustrated falling off V2s and quit...
Want to trade my immaculate EC90SLX for (with 8.5" steer tube) for an uncut EC90SLX or EC90 Aero? long shot I know, but PM me if you're interested. Or I will sell it if I get a good offer....
alexedge
Cat 2

Postby dalai » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:40 am

Did a couple of 6+ month road trips back in the day. 1995/6 I was based in San Fran. 1997/8 was Europe mostly in the south of France though also briefly in England for a couple of competitions, then home via another 6 weeks at Hueco Tanks. Plus the usual local regular road trips...

Climbing as you say is more than just a sport, it is an all enveloping lifestyle. 8-)

Unfortunate news about the finger!
dalai
Cat 1

Postby drjones96 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:26 pm

I just bought a bike rack to store the bikes in the garage. :D
Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. (1 Corinthians 9:24)
drjones96
Master of Ardennes 09

Postby De Vingard » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:18 pm

...new jersey and some stickers to redesign my Reynolds fork so that it matches better to the rest of my titanium bike...

De Vingard
Cat 2

Postby dalai » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:03 am

drjones96 wrote:I just bought a bike rack to store the bikes in the garage. :D

Ditto, though for the house :D

My latest purchase was a Delta Botticelli 4 bike storage rack to try and free up a little space in the third bedroom/bike room...
dalai
Cat 1

Postby pritchet74 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:38 am

dalai wrote:

My latest purchase was a Delta Botticelli 4 bike storage rack to try and free up a little space in the third bedroom/bike room...

Pics man, pics!
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby Wilier » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:48 pm

some cycling socks and a hp notebook :grin:
Wilier
Cat 2

Postby mdeth1313 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:05 am

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM......... Vino (non-doping type)

If there is one wine from New York that's worth every freaking penny-- it has got to be the stuff Hermann Wiemer is producing. This stuff is bone dry.

As for the layer cake- if you've had it- you know. This year only 1200 cases made it to the east coast-- I've got ONE!
Attachments
wine001.JPG
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Postby dalai » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:51 am

pritchet74 wrote:
dalai wrote:

Pics man, pics!

Here you go... Only two of the four bikes are currently on the go, the fixie conversion and my wet weather bike. The Cervelo is nearly finished and the Avanti (bottom back) has a snapped chain stay, so as soon as I have finished the Cervelo I will be transferring everything over from this to the Wilier Lavaredo frameset sitting in the box behind.

dalai
Cat 1

Postby Evert » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:10 pm

Look what I found under the Christmas tree:

Bit heavy altough: 312 grams! :shock:
Evert
Cat 3

PreviousNext

Return to General cycling