Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Postby Frankie - B » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:58 pm

Juanmoretime wrote:All of my friends have been mountain biking lately so I bought a GT Zaskar today to go play in the dirt. :D

That was a very wise decision Juan! Don't you just love the handling of a GT frame? care to share pics with us?
Frankie - B
Double Agent

Postby pritchet74 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:18 pm

slisk wrote:
pritchet74 wrote:Ligero custom build of KOM rims & Tune/M5 hubs - I was really excited to get these wheels but when I got them I just got scared of the lightness of them - I was worried (probably unfounded) that the rims would crack if I hit a pothole. I sold them before I even glued tires on. Was sad to see them go, but now I have....

I rode these wheels down Mt. Lemon (loaned from Rue) on my first ever fast descent...didn't crash but they are so light I was all over the place. Had the pucker factor working that day. :shock:

Makes me happy to hear that! :wink: Glad to hear that you kept the rubber side down.
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby slisk » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:02 pm

I suppose that Rue was even happier :D
I buy everything that JMT lists on this site.
slisk
Grand Tourer

Postby Juanmoretime » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:29 pm

Frankie - B wrote:
Juanmoretime wrote:All of my friends have been mountain biking lately so I bought a GT Zaskar today to go play in the dirt. :D

That was a very wise decision Juan! Don't you just love the handling of a GT frame? care to share pics with us?

I will as soon as I get it. Purchase made just waiting for the man in brown to drop it off. :)
For my next trick I will set myself on fire!
Juanmoretime
Cat 1

Postby KF » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:44 pm

Today I have preordered the Cervélo P2C in the red/black/white 2008 paintscheme

I haven't really ordered it, but I've paid 1/3 of the price, so i hope it counts...?
//KF

I love carbon bits, and I can not lie! You other brothers can't deny, when a bike comes in with alot of carbon bits and some cool wheels in your face, you get sprung!
KF
Cat 1

Postby RTW » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:04 pm

I just ordered a Chris King headset for my Klein. Black. Although I am debating with myself whether a Hope one would be better (matching my seat clamp and keeping it Brit)... :?
RTW
Manufacturer

Postby madcow » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:40 pm

I know where you live, so the next time your friends say they are going mountain biking, you should laugh at them, and tell them that corn does not grow in the mountains :D Besides, I think your driveway is the 2nd largest elevation gain in the state.

Seriously though, riding through the corn fields is fun, and I had a blast at Allerton on an mtb bike. Hope you enjoy it.
madcow
Dork Overlord

Postby Juanmoretime » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:33 pm

madcow wrote:

I know where you live, so the next time your friends say they are going mountain biking, you should laugh at them, and tell them that corn does not grow in the mountains :D Besides, I think your driveway is the 2nd largest elevation gain in the state.

Seriously though, riding through the corn fields is fun, and I had a blast at Allerton on an mtb bike. Hope you enjoy it.

Kickapoo State Park has an awesome trail system and is only 30 miles from my house. very technical trails with many ravines and short steep climbs and a bunch of stunts that the KMBC built. I know since I broke and dislocated my left thumb there three years ago. 8)
For my next trick I will set myself on fire!
Juanmoretime
Cat 1

Postby Frankie - B » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:31 pm

Ok, since where you live, according to Madcow, must have a close resemblance to the part of Holland I live in be a smart man and set the bike up with the same sadle to bar drop as your roadbike. Oh, and I found that GT's just shine in the big ring. So 2 x 9 might be a very good option. I also found that a 0 setback post is what made me sit comfortable on them. Let me know!
Frankie - B
Double Agent

Postby Ypsylon » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:13 pm

Those are the definition of overkill, considering that I will use them like twice a season, but a great tool is someting I can drool over every bit as much as a cool bike part. 8)

As a matter of fact I was holding the chain whip in my hand the entire night while reading "La casa de Bernada Alba", until I heard my girl-friend come home.

I now have three tools that deserve the name, let's see what the fourth will be.

And they will still be there when I turn a hundred years and will be something really cool to give to my favourite grandchild. :D Let's hope they will still have cassettes then.

Does anybody have the blue book of bicycle repair? Is that a good investment?
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Postby billyboy » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:23 pm

I bought a pair of Oakley M frame sunglasses with the sweep lenses last Friday and two official Fairwheel Bikes water bottles and I'm going to be buying some leg warmers tonight or tomorrow.
'Eldest, that's what I am... I remember the first raindrop and the first acorn... I knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless - before the Dark Lord came from Outside.'
billyboy
Cat 1

Postby Tillquist » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:55 pm

3 top cap from Fibre-Lyte. A little winter project is comming up :)

Tillquist
Cat 1

Postby $mokeyJoe » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:26 pm

Here some of the new components for the Litespeed...except chainrings. Those are for the MTB.

*Light is beautifull*
$mokeyJoe
Cat 3

Postby Nicolai » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:25 pm

Some of the goodies of today's purse buster.

It's winter playtime! :roll:
Nicolai
"Dirtee Tailor"

Postby Tillquist » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:37 pm

Tillquist
Cat 1

PreviousNext

Return to General cycling