Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Postby Ypsylon » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:20 pm

pritchet74 wrote:Wheels? Simply amazing...... like if the only women that you have had relations with have been chunky & then you finally get a supermodel to go home with you. Yup, it's kind of like that.

I don't remember, did you ever ride your ligero KOMs? And didn't you own some LWs before?
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Postby pritchet74 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:39 pm

Ypsylon wrote:
pritchet74 wrote:Wheels? Simply amazing...... like if the only women that you have had relations with have been chunky & then you finally get a supermodel to go home with you. Yup, it's kind of like that.

I don't remember, did you ever ride your ligero KOMs? And didn't you own some LWs before?

My carbon wheel history:

Reynolds Stratus tubulars - used for about 6 races & I really liked them.

Reynolds Stratus clinchers - ridden a couple of times & I liked them.

ADA (from 1996), look exactly like current LW's - never rode them; as soon as they arrived from Belgium I sold them to my business partner because I purchased a pair of LW's a week before these ones arrived. Reason? The ADA's (I bought them thinking they were LW's) had a 20 spoke front & the newer LW's had a 12 spoke front.

Lightweight Standard - rode them once & felt total buyer's remorse. They just didn't do anything for me. In hindsight it could have been that there were Conti tires glued on them. Anyways, I put them up for sale after that 1 ride.

Ligero custom build of KOM rims & Tune/M5 hubs - I was really excited to get these wheels but when I got them I just got scared of the lightness of them - I was worried (probably unfounded) that the rims would crack if I hit a pothole. I sold them before I even glued tires on. Was sad to see them go, but now I have....

Mavic CCU's - I love these wheels. The ride is simply amazing. The only thing I need to get sorted out is my brakepads. The braking is a little grabby but I am using Corima cork pads. I want to try some Swissstop pads. The grabbiness isn't too bad, but I am used to Campy Eurus which have a perfect braking surface. That being said though I am now using the CCU's as my daily wheels until the novelty wears off, at which point I'll use them for group rides (hopefully it'll help me to not get dropped as quick) & for races.
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby Thomskie » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:48 pm

That's an impressive list Pritch :shock:
You are the king of the wheels :king:
Thomskie
Cat 1

Postby pritchet74 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:56 pm

No, LJ, movr, & Madcow are the king of wheels. I only own 2 sets of wheels - CCU's & Eurus. I am more of a wheel whore - I kept trying sets out till I found one that I was truly in love with. In a sense I have sowed my wheel oats!
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby Thomskie » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:07 pm

pritchet74 wrote: I am more of a wheel whore

:lmao:

Just an impressive list then.
Thomskie
Cat 1

Postby drjones96 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:50 pm

drjones96 wrote:Got a cadence sensor and an ifrared usb deal so I can upload data to my 'puter.

You BONEHEAD! You ordered the wrong cadence sensor! DOH!

And the ifrared USB IrDA was DEFECTIVE! :hammer:
Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. (1 Corinthians 9:24)
drjones96
Master of Ardennes 09

Postby Juanmoretime » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:19 am

All of my friends have been mountain biking lately so I bought a GT Zaskar today to go play in the dirt. :D
For my next trick I will set myself on fire!
Juanmoretime
Cat 1

Postby billyboy » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:16 am

My rear tire blew out today so I had to get a new tire and tube :(

On the bright side, now I have even more new parts on my bike :)
'Eldest, that's what I am... I remember the first raindrop and the first acorn... I knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless - before the Dark Lord came from Outside.'
billyboy
Cat 1

Postby 4kicks » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:01 am

Conti 50g lightweight inner tube. And I got a discount! Last of the big spenders..
"only two things are infinite; the Universe, and Human Stupidity- and I´m not so sure about the former" Albert Einstein
4kicks
Cat 3

Postby Ypsylon » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:30 am

:wohoo:

Well, cycling season is almost over :cry: , so I got myself a pair of last season trainers to keep my knees healthy while staying active and waiting for the really bad and grey German weather to start base training on my bike again :roll: . (oh, and it was a sweet but the left and get the right for free deal :wink: )
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Postby mdeth1313 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:30 pm

I just got these- great deal from a WW. Ride is actually very similar to my stratus dv's, minus the ole 100-140g. Oh yeah, no woosh sound w/out the 46mm rims.
Attachments
reynolds kom's.jpg
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Postby Wilier » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:22 pm

I bought "carbon look" bar tape 8-) :wink:
Wilier
Cat 2

Postby slisk » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:01 pm

Lost my mind at the keyboard today shopping for clothes. Bought a Francais des Jeaux bib abd jersey, Credit Agricole bib and jersey, a maglia rose Petacchi jersey, Unibet jersey, and a Mercatone Pantani jersey. :grin:
I buy everything that JMT lists on this site.
slisk
Grand Tourer

Postby slisk » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:07 pm

pritchet74 wrote:Ligero custom build of KOM rims & Tune/M5 hubs - I was really excited to get these wheels but when I got them I just got scared of the lightness of them - I was worried (probably unfounded) that the rims would crack if I hit a pothole. I sold them before I even glued tires on. Was sad to see them go, but now I have....

I rode these wheels down Mt. Lemon (loaned from Rue) on my first ever fast descent...didn't crash but they are so light I was all over the place. Had the pucker factor working that day. :shock:
I buy everything that JMT lists on this site.
slisk
Grand Tourer

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:33 pm

pritchet74 wrote:I just got a new set of wheels today. 1st ride on them in about 2 hours....

:shock: first a 'hands on' photo with Niki Gudex, then these wheels! You're just spoilt :grin: I'm not jealous, no I'm not, really...... :twisted:

Ypsylon, nice running shoes :wink:
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

PreviousNext

Return to General cycling