Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

If we all raced?

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

If we all raced?

Postby RTW » Thu May 25, 2006 11:51 am

Who would win? (okay, Zakeen, but who second?)

Where would Lee come? And Stefan? Who is the dark horse here?
:grin:
RTW
Manufacturer

Postby IUBIKE » Thu May 25, 2006 12:17 pm

Welllll lets do this the P R O way, many of us now have power meters, what is everyones weight and what is their threshold power?

Weight:
150 This am

Power:
255w (still a bit conservative but thats pretty good)

Allllmost to that magic 6.7 mark hahahaha :lol:

K
IUBIKE
Cat 1

Postby RTW » Thu May 25, 2006 12:56 pm

It's not all about power! I think Lee would do well, but ultimately would be just riding to protect Felix!
RTW
Manufacturer

Postby LJ » Thu May 25, 2006 1:03 pm

Nice subject Rich! :D

:bs: Felix can ride for me!

Maybe madcow is the dark horse amongst us. Rides a cool bike, goes out with the pros and has the lowest body fat percentage since the chicken :shock:
LJ
Mod

Postby Frankie - B » Thu May 25, 2006 1:08 pm

Remember it isn't about the cool bike. It still is the legs that do the talking :angelMrGreen:

:wink:
Frankie - B
Double Agent

Postby madcow » Thu May 25, 2006 3:41 pm

I assume the pro's are eliminated from the running.

LJ wrote:Nice subject Rich! :D

Maybe madcow is the dark horse amongst us. Rides a cool bike, goes out with the pros and has the lowest body fat percentage since the chicken :shock:

Definitely not me, sitting in with pro/cat1 riders on a recovery ride while they hold back, is a different story than actually working with them. My money says I'd be the first one off the back...."Pull through, what's that mean?"

A good example, a fond memory I have of doing a "slow recovery ride" with the group, me and Phil Zajicek are on the front 2 abreast leisurely taking our turns and chatting. Well at least Phil is chatting, and eating, I can't chat, I'm struggling to keep my heart from exploding. Then from behind I hear Gord Fraser say. "This ride might actually get going if you ladies weren't chatting about making things lighter." A quick look back and he's sitting upright doing a crossword puzzle. (at least that's what it looked like, my vision was blurry as I was starting to get dizzy). I pull off, and watch the blur of jerseys go by, and accelerate. Good time to turn around and head to work.

My pick:
I think Nils is the same weight as me, but actually a touch taller, even lower body fat...And he's young, still in his prime...Looks like he could be a winner.
madcow
Dork Overlord

Postby IUBIKE » Thu May 25, 2006 4:14 pm

Yes I have a few Cat 1/2 friends around town... a bit demoralizing when I know I am strong climbing on a recovery ride at like 130-140 knocking out like 270w, only to ask him what his HR was, 103 :oops: , his max is only 4 beats lower than mine haha. I am a Cat 3 BTW.
IUBIKE
Cat 1

Postby zakeen » Thu May 25, 2006 5:59 pm

It should be called "giro d'fairwheel.

And because fairwheel is the headsponsor, they should provide us with hotels, transport cost and start money. Just like normal UCI races. Plus Ive never been to Tucson,az before so I will be there.

Once again thanks fairwheel for sponsoring it, whens the start date? :wink:
zakeen
Pro

Postby FelixOr » Thu May 25, 2006 6:09 pm

LJ wrote:Nice subject Rich! :D

No problem! We just have to make sure we can get you down the descents safely, that I don't crash, and let my front-wheel look like this (see pic below), and then I can pull on the sprint for you! :lol: :lol:
Now what a team we would be! ;)

:lmao: :lmao:

Last edited by FelixOr on Thu May 25, 2006 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FelixOr
O-C-D WW

Postby stumpytrunks » Thu May 25, 2006 6:11 pm

Maybe Casran would give it a shake?
stumpytrunks
The Tassie Devil

Postby RTW » Thu May 25, 2006 7:00 pm

My body fat (according to my Salter scales at home) was 5.5%. I stopped riding as much and consoled myself with sweets because of my knee.

It is now 6.3% and my weight is up to 75kg (from 71kg). I feel fat and unloved. :cry:
RTW
Manufacturer

Postby paglia » Thu May 25, 2006 7:46 pm

I have got the Lantern Rouge locked up. Is that so wrong?
paglia
Cat 3

Postby madcow » Thu May 25, 2006 7:54 pm

zakeen wrote:It should be called "giro d'fairwheel.

And because fairwheel is the headsponsor, they should provide us with hotels, transport cost and start money. Just like normal UCI races. Plus Ive never been to Tucson,az before so I will be there.

Once again thanks fairwheel for sponsoring it, whens the start date? :wink:

Brilliant idea. We already did this. The race was yesterday, and as no-one showed up, I declared myself the winner.

Actually on a side note, for the last couple of months, I've been kicking around the idea of having a once a year special ride. I would want to do it in the winter and time it to overlap with Tmobile and Discovery riders being here. As well as the other horde of pros that train here. That way they could all participate in the ride. The perhaps after the ride, some lunch and drinks.

Of course this ride would be invite only, and though I couldn't float the whole bill, housing for some is a possibility. I just don't know if enough people would be interested.
madcow
Dork Overlord

Postby FelixOr » Thu May 25, 2006 7:58 pm

Madcow, this idea is great!
I would be on board, if anybody wants me to join :)
FelixOr
O-C-D WW

Postby LJ » Thu May 25, 2006 8:02 pm

I'm in, and I'll take your guest bedroom :wink: Felix, it looks like you might ride for me to take the sprint after all 8-)
LJ
Mod

Next

Return to General cycling