Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

FWB Golf thread

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

FWB Golf thread

Postby LJ » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:26 pm

OK, this is the place for comment and discussion on this years masters tournament. I have the feeling I may be discussing the issues with myself :twisted: but what the hell.

The next best thing to being there is watching all of it in glorious HD! The pictures I'm getting are nothing short of spectacular!

I wanna be Tiger Woods! :P

http://home.skysports.com/commonfiles/f ... /golf.html

Last edited by LJ on Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LJ
Mod

Postby alienator » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:43 am

I just want to say that I plan on buying a handgun to keep next to my chair just in case golf comes on TV.
alienator
Resident Trouble-Maker

Postby movrnotashakr » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:57 am

:abscond:

~movr
Man, I thought Ultimate Robot Fighting was real, like pro wrestling, but it turns out it's fixed, like boxing.
movrnotashakr
Lord of the Smug

Postby pk0r » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:47 am

I thought this would have to be about the tennis Masters Cup. My bet is on Roger Federer.
| pk0r.com | "I respect the work in coloring parts but the result is stupid-monkey in silk clothes is still monkey." |
| http://www.ax-Lightness.de |
pk0r
Cat 1

Postby slisk » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:10 am

Do you have satellite on that HDTV? There has to be something else like the Tour of Dirtclod, or tractor pulls...something!

I myself wouldn't want to be like Mr. Roboto in that world. Maybe someone with a little style like...ChiChi Rodriquez! Now he is/was one bad@ss golfing machine. :grin:
I buy everything that JMT lists on this site.
slisk
Grand Tourer

Postby Ypsylon » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:31 am

alienator wrote:I just want to say that I plan on buying a handgun to keep next to my chair just in case golf comes on TV.

I'm not sure if I want to know what you did if they showed bowling or curling.

Is this Langer guy still playing? I say he will be the last guy to make the cut and stay in that position.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Postby Nicolai » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:16 am

Ypsylon wrote:Is this Langer guy still playing? I say he will be the last guy to make the cut and stay in that position.

No, Lance Angerstrong quit playing, when his surgeon introduced him his new crew-cutted uniballed position, without dimples. :roll:
Nicolai
"Dirtee Tailor"

Postby j0m » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:52 am

alienator wrote:I just want to say that I plan on buying a handgun to keep next to my chair just in case golf comes on TV.

I understand golf can be pretty exciting for some people, but isn't firing a salute a bit over the top?
/J
j0m
The Big Brain

Postby Boonen » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:09 pm

LJ, weren't you thinking of a trip to Augusta this year?

What do you guys reckon, Woods is on +1 after day one, can he break 70 a few times and win for the 5th time? It seems like he's suffering in his putting again like last year? Or will Brett Wetterich come with yet another surprise? From the two leaders I would expect most consistency from him to be honest, but then again what do I know.

Boonen
Faster than Superman

Postby slisk » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:53 pm

I wonder how many sets of custom lightweight wheels he can buy on a day's salary? Maybe we should send him a link to this site.
I buy everything that JMT lists on this site.
slisk
Grand Tourer

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:00 pm

"I respect the work in coloring parts but the result is stupid-monkey in silk clothes is still monkey."

I hope you don't mind me borrowing your slogan Nils, but it sooo applies to golf in High def. :twisted:

(In case you wondered, golf :vomit: )

Alienator, think yourself fortunate, guns aren't legal in the UK. I'll have to suffer :(
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby allerge99 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:38 pm

Boonen wrote:What do you guys reckon, Woods is on +1 after day one, can he break 70 a few times and win for the 5th time? It seems like he's suffering in his putting again like last year? Or will Brett Wetterich come with yet another surprise? From the two leaders I would expect most consistency from him to be honest, but then again what do I know.

Well its the Masters and if history repeats it will be a wild and interesting ride for these guys all the way till Sunday afternoon. I bet it will stay close and who ever wins will only win by a few strokes under.
allerge99
Cat 2

Postby Auk » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:51 pm

Gotta wonder about a game that is measured by strokes. :grin:
Auk
Cat 3

Postby alienator » Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:19 pm

Auk wrote:Gotta wonder about a game that is measured by strokes. :grin:

If it were a game measured in strokes and involved Chasey Lain, that would be cool (The video on the page tells the story :twisted:). Unfortunately, it's all about stokes and guys in bad clothes.
alienator
Resident Trouble-Maker

Postby LJ » Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:44 pm

OK, I've had enough! :twisted: You guys wanna play go do it in this thread and stop diluting my shrine to Tiger. I was quite happy to have a discussion with myself about this years Master so dont spoil my fun.

"L"!!!! Loseeerrrss!!
LJ
Mod

Next

Return to General cycling