Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Some minor changes to a Record RD

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Some minor changes to a Record RD

Postby FelixOr » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:36 pm

Still waiting on my Extralite pulleys and alu bolts .... :roll: But since my frame-set is getting a new paintjob, I tried to give my rear derailleur a new look too.
What do you think? Will it fit a white frame? .. the FD is silver/white as well ;)

Image Image
Image Image

(weight will be 139grams with the alu bolts and extralite pulleys)

-Felix
FelixOr
O-C-D WW

Postby KF » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:42 pm

I think it looks great and I bet it will fit your frame perfectly!
//KF

I love carbon bits, and I can not lie! You other brothers can't deny, when a bike comes in with alot of carbon bits and some cool wheels in your face, you get sprung!
KF
Cat 1

Re: Some minor changes to a Record RD

Postby Damo_Rider » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:17 pm

Felix-

What did you use to drill out metal was it a dremel or something else? Also, how did you polish it back so nice after the work? I want to do the same thing to my 2006 Record rear derailleur.
Damo_Rider
Cat 4

Re: Some minor changes to a Record RD

Postby Boonen » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:06 pm

Damo, these are very old threads and Felix hasn't posted on the forum for many years.

You can do these things with a dremel, some files can come in handy as well. A buffing wheel is a nice help to polish things up again, you can do this with the dremel as well though.
Boonen
Faster than Superman

Return to General cycling