Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

"Everybody has their own Ventoux"

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Postby Ripley451 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:30 am

Thanks Estone, hopefully I can avoid a transplant for a while. Unless Miguel Indurain offers me one of his :lol:
Ripley451
Night Watchman

Postby Nicolai » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:17 am

Ripley451 wrote:I've just found this :wink:

Err, jonas, I mean Loz, from Portugal, er I mean UK, now all you have to figure out, how to attach a BOB trailer onnit.

I've also just looked at the site for the unit who I'll be treated by and..............erm..................I don't think I'll be chatting any of the nurses up :lol:

U mean they don't look like the female cast list in ER or Babewatch? You need to upper the dozing on those meds, it'll be fine then, mighty fine... :angel:
Nicolai
"Dirtee Tailor"

Postby alienator » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:32 am

Yeah, I know I'm a little late chiming in, but it always takes me a while to adjust to and tolerate the stench when Ripley's in the room. And with how great things have been goin', it took me just a while longer to muster the cojones to withstand his fetid bouquet.....anyway......

Ripley, if you even think of givin' up, I'll kill you. Honest.
alienator
Resident Trouble-Maker

A little late, but....

Postby Paul FP » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:46 am

Hey Ripley,

Just happened accross this thread while having a quick look around. I'm so sorry to hear this news and am sending a heap of well wishes and all the courage i can muster for you. Keep your loved ones close cos they're the real strength when you need them and stay as positive as you can.

If you do get the green light to fly out of that bloody freezing place for 5 mins, Perth is warming up nicely and would be great for some R&R!!

I wish you a full and speedy recovery and my thoughts are with you.
Paul FP
Cat 3

Postby Kuiper » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:25 pm

He Ripley, I noticed already that, It has been quite here for a while.
But good to see you again on board. What I must say you always got a sence of humour in your post which I like.
Ripley451 wrote::lol:

I personally think you are holding the world record for using that smiley.

In the topic I can't understand due my first language is dutch if you got already a donor or not. Anyway I hope you can find on...
I wish you a good health for 2007! (and ofcourse longer)
Le Directeur du Sportif
Kuiper
Cat 2

Postby davman » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:42 pm

Ripley451

Very sorry to hear this news.

I've only been on this forum since New Years Eve, but you were one of the members who welcomed me. For that i'm thankful.

Hopefully, you'll be able to get through this and prove your doctors wrong.

I'm only down the road (in Daventry), so if you need anything.

Simon
davman
Cat 5

Postby Ripley451 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:32 am

Firstly.........the smell.............well everyone comments on how its only noticed when Alienator enters a room. The theory being that he's trying to find high-end bike parts and lets off a stink-bomb to try and get everyone out whilst he looks around :roll: Secondly, threatening to kill me....there'll be a long line of ambulance staff waiting to do the same if I don't call 999 when I get chest pain, so you'll have to wait almost as long sa you do for parts from that 2 bit cycle shop you insist on using :P

As for having a donor.............as I'm not on the list just yet, it may look a little odd turning up at a hospital with a pair of lungs and a heart, saying "can you pop these into my chest", difficult questions might be asked of me and I could end up in prison :dunno:

I'm hoping the advances in drug regimes will mean that a transplant is sometime off. I'll know more once I've been to see the team, and the blood pressure within my heart has been measured, which will indicate how severe things are. This should be in the next couple of weeks. Interestingly........Sildenifil is one of the meds I could end up on though :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Ripley451
Night Watchman

Postby stumpytrunks » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:48 am

Shit mate. Don't really know what to say other than my best wishes are with you and your family.
Pain hurts
stumpytrunks
The Tassie Devil

Postby Emmanuel » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:21 am

stumpytrunks wrote:Shit mate. Don't really know what to say other than my best wishes are with you and your family.

Ditto.
check out www.cyclingsiblings.com , homepage of me (Manman) and my brother (Malaya). Now also in English!
Emmanuel
Cat 2

Postby RTW » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:29 am

Loz, you seem to be taking this in good humour. I have nothing but respect for you.
RTW
Manufacturer

Postby brianwchan » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:10 am

:( Sad news... good luck to you. I am really speechless, but I'm glad that you seem to be taking it well.
brianwchan
Cat 2

Postby alienator » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:18 am

brianwchan wrote::( Sad news... good luck to you. I am really speechless, but I'm glad that you seem to be taking it well.

Yup. That's why he's always been the favorite boy in the trailer park: all the other boys, there, are just so amazed that he takes it so well, every single time, no matter how long he has to pull the train..... :shock: :grin:
alienator
Resident Trouble-Maker

Postby Emmanuel » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:31 am

:rock:

:lolhammer:
check out www.cyclingsiblings.com , homepage of me (Manman) and my brother (Malaya). Now also in English!
Emmanuel
Cat 2

Postby Nicolai » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:13 pm

Ripley451 wrote:Firstly.........the smell.............well everyone comments on how its only noticed when Alienator enters a room. The theory being that he's trying to find high-end bike parts and lets off a stink-bomb to try and get everyone out whilst he looks around :roll: Secondly, threatening to kill me....there'll be a long line of ambulance staff waiting to do the same if I don't call 999 when I get chest pain, so you'll have to wait almost as long sa you do for parts from that 2 bit cycle shop you insist on using :P

That is so unfair and so unnecessary. Everyone knows, that Robin is the prime example of smelling heavily AXE Musk, without any effect to attract women. By stink-bomb if you mean AXE Musk, mio apologio.

Ripley451 wrote:As for having a donor.............as I'm not on the list just yet, it may look a little odd turning up at a hospital with a pair of lungs and a heart, saying "can you pop these into my chest", difficult questions might be asked of me and I could end up in prison :dunno:

Can't you just say I found them lying in a bin near the meat market?
Would it help, if you'd bring Ur own pop rivet gun? :think:

You're not on the guest list? That's so unfair. Ok, something's gotta be done. Couldn't you just chat up exit-mall people and ask for a donation? If you'd show some mighty Sheffield steel, and say it could be done instantly, in the mall's parking lot, you might strike with luck, people are so easy to over-talk to stupid things. If you don't believe me, what say to you three words: Reality TV.
Anyway, if exit-mall-polling does not result in any donors, it would be in itself enough funny to justify effort.

Ripley451 wrote:I'm hoping the advances in drug regimes will mean that a transplant is sometime off. I'll know more once I've been to see the team, and the blood pressure within my heart has been measured, which will indicate how severe things are. This should be in the next couple of weeks. Interestingly........Sildenifil is one of the meds I could end up on though :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Ahem, morphine and Sildenafil. Could be the recipe from heaven. To avoid the morning-after embarrassment, you should clearly state that you're not accepting any horse-faced nurses around, no pets what-so-ever around you, and male personnel to duct tape their derrières, just in case things getting on the wild side of dosing. :roll:
Nicolai
"Dirtee Tailor"

Postby Ripley451 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:42 pm

Thanks for the duct tape tip, Nicolai, sounds like you're speaking from experience? :wink:
Ripley451
Night Watchman

PreviousNext

Return to General cycling