Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

"Everybody has their own Ventoux"

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Postby FelixOr » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:23 pm

Shocking news, and very sad indeed :(. Dunno what to say right now...

Impressive though, how you stay positive and keep up the good spirit.
FelixOr
O-C-D WW

Postby Nicolai » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:06 pm

FelixOr wrote:Shocking news, and very sad indeed :(. Dunno what to say right now...

The drugs they're selling, are pretty amazing. :roll:
Nicolai
"Dirtee Tailor"

Postby RTW » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:13 pm

Loz, I am in Germany right now, I have just been riding and was thinking as I rode how fortunate most of us are, and yet we never realise it until something changes. For me the change at the moment is my country of residence, moving away from my girlfriend and starting everything fresh.

What I am trying to say is that you have to focus on what you have. Focus on all of the wonderful things and people around you.

I wish you all the best and extend the invitation to you. There are some lovely flat recovery rides.

Rich
RTW
Manufacturer

Postby madcow » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:42 pm

All I can do is reiterate the previously posted responses. Keep positive know that our thoughts are with you.
madcow
Dork Overlord

Postby Ripley451 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:33 pm

Nicolai wrote:
FelixOr wrote:Shocking news, and very sad indeed :(. Dunno what to say right now...

The drugs they're selling, are pretty amazing. :roll:

Crystal meth is great :lol:

Its only just starting to sink in. I'm not going to be riding until I've seen the team who'll be treating me. I'm still climbing although todays outing was a bit lacklustre.

Balancing living life as normally as possible yet recognizing my limitations is a steep learning curve. :lol:

I learnt in A+E that you never know what lies around the corner. This is the case for me now.

So guys..................do what you can whilst you can :D
Ripley451
Night Watchman

Postby Mario Jr. » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:35 pm

Damn.... :(

All the best wishes from here.

Thomas
Mario Jr.
Manufacturer

Postby Taniwha » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:05 am

Ripley451 wrote:Well I've watched many an episode of Rex Hunt :lol:

Bloody Aussies, they're everywhere! :impish:
At least if you're on this side of the ditch you won't have to put up with that accent and their cricketers.
Play with tigers, you get covered in yellow fur!
Taniwha
Cat 1

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:58 am

Ripley451 wrote:Balancing living life as normally as possible yet recognizing my limitations is a steep learning curve. :lol:

If you meet up with Brent again and he beats you up the hills again :( at least you can now say "if I was 100% it would be a different story" :lol:

Ripley451 wrote:Crystal meth is great

I thought with hospital staff, Crystal Meth would be too hard to get hold of, with morphine the preferred choice :roll: :abscond:
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby Ripley451 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:17 am

Fibre-Lyte wrote:If you meet up with Brent again and he beats you up the hills again :( at least you can now say "if I was 100% it would be a different story" :lol:

Well it would have been rude to not let my guest get to the top first :lol: Seriously, you do have a good point..........looking back I'm begining to wonder if some of the breathlessness I had on that ride, and a couple previous were related........still............no point crying over spilt gin (milk, surely?) :?
Ripley451
Night Watchman

Postby Nicolai » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:40 pm

At least now you have a plausible excuse for getting a Segway.

Dunno 'bout GB, but over here a person who drives a Segway, or blades with rollerskates, is considered legally as a normal pedestrian. Hence you're perfectly ok driving while having 2,5 ‰ blood in your gin circulation. :grin:

Thus making a Segway an ideal transportation for a bar-to-bar-to-bar night out.

Now, is there a alloy/Ti bolt kit available for Segways? Where do you attach the crash mat for bouldering on a Segway? :roll:

PS. +1 for the morphine, crysthal meth is for punters and mancunians.
Nicolai
"Dirtee Tailor"

Postby RTW » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:01 pm

In the GB a Segway is a motorised vehicle with two wheels. Pretty much the definition of a motorbike. It is subject to the rules and laws developed for motorbikes.
RTW
Manufacturer

Postby Nicolai » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:18 pm

Richardtoddywoddy wrote:In the GB a Segway is a motorised vehicle with two wheels. Pretty much the definition of a motorbike. It is subject to the rules and laws developed for motorbikes.

:drive: :stop: :impish:
No fun please, we're British.
Nicolai
"Dirtee Tailor"

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:05 pm

I think you guys are being a little cruel :? I know Segways are hi-tech but Ripley has just come off a bike capable of.....ahem 30mph on the flat (that ok Loz :wink: ) and now you're putting him on a machine capable of walking pace :evil: .....ok there is the Gin element :lol:
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby Ripley451 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:19 am

Fibre-Lyte wrote:I think you guys are being a little cruel :? I know Segways are hi-tech but Ripley has just come off a bike capable of.....ahem 30mph on the flat (that ok Loz :wink: ) and now you're putting him on a machine capable of walking pace :evil: .....ok there is the Gin element :lol:

I've just found this :wink:
Last edited by Ripley451 on Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ripley451
Night Watchman

Postby estone2 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:25 am

Nicolai wrote:
Richardtoddywoddy wrote:In the GB a Segway is a motorised vehicle with two wheels. Pretty much the definition of a motorbike. It is subject to the rules and laws developed for motorbikes.

:drive: :stop: :impish:
No fun please, we're British.

Nicolai, you owe me a new keyboard. There's Endurox all over it now. Creep.

Ripley - here's to a transplant soon :cheers:
I don't really know what to say, other than that just... sucks.
Don't let it get you down, and know that you can pull through - you're a cyclist,and we tend to do better than normal people, from what I've seen.
estone2
Cat 2

PreviousNext

Return to General cycling